Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Rex SkyForce 3D Update

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

no issues  here   ran  sf   and  brought  up  a  auto  update  installer   where  it   can  update  and  check what  rex  products  you have  since  I  got  ef  and  sf  it  said  I  had  a  update  for  sf   ran the auto update installer  and  had  no issues,   had  to put  in  my  details  again  no issues  

Same here. No problems start SF  and follow the instructions

• Upvote 1

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

All I'm going to ask the REX team to do is please stop feeding me with these ridiculous updates and forcing me to update to the latest version, then ask me to re-enter our registration info.

Please DEVS (i.e ORBX, FSDT, HiFi, etc.) stay off my sim!

Thank you!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

No issues at all here with this update. Only annyoing thing is really the re-entering of the registration info, this is really not necessary for each and every update...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Got it sorted.

No, actually I didn't.

I have just installed the latest update to v.0228. Upon loading an aircraft in P3Dv4.5, a blue box appears in the upper left hand corner. The message in the box states: "Your validation process failed. Please contact support".

After the ticket I sent in yesterday (#13769), I am getting really frustrated with this whole update process that Rex has.

Sent Support another ticket.

Edited by ndflieger
Still problems

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

17 hours ago, ndflieger said:

Greetings,

I'm trying to fly a flight this evening. When I launched Rex SkyForce 3D I get a notice that states I need to update to v5.0.2020.0228 and it asks me to enter a "Beta Release Code". The program will not run without that code. Where do I get it? 

I'm pretty ticked off at Rex right now - they should have sent an email or provided a link to download the code instead of stopping the program cold.

Regards,

Scott

I am not sure why that would tick you off.  The purpose was to test the process of our new update system with our beta team.  We had to test it in a real environment.  All you had to do was click Cancel or Ok and moved on with the program.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

No issues at all here with this update. Only annyoing thing is really the re-entering of the registration info, this is really not necessary for each and every update...

With this update moving forward you should not need to do this.  We built our new system to not require this.  Unless you have a total HD failure.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

2 minutes ago, rstough said:

With this update moving forward you should not need to do this.  We built our new system to not require this.  Unless you have a total HD failure.

OK, good to know.

2 minutes ago, rstough said:

I am not sure why that would tick you off.  The purpose was to test the process of our new update system with our beta team.  We had to test it in a real environment.  All you had to do was click Cancel or Ok and moved on with the program.

The problem was, even with clicking on Cancel or OK, SF 3D would shut down and not run. That is why I was ticked.

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Nothing but trouble with this update, keeps asking me to upgrade the program but I already have!

My solution, erase the program and download it again.....hopefully Aerosoft has the latest version on their server. 

I have tried the updater several times today and it does not install the update. Every time I open Skyforce 3D P3D4. Very frustrating.

Gosh. What a nightmare. I’m nervous to touch anything and maybe just leave my program as is now and not updated?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

Gosh. What a nightmare. I’m nervous to touch anything and maybe just leave my program as is now and not updated?

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53678-rex-5-sky-force-3d-build-5020200228/&tab=comments#comment-325824
This manual shows the updates looks like nothing major. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Well, things are still not going as they should be.

After updating SF3D to v.0228, after I would select an aircraft in P3Dv4.5. after the aircraft loaded, I would get a small blue box in the upper left hand portion of the screen that said: "Your validation process failed. Contact support". All of the SF3D enhancements would then disappear, although SF3D was still present on the Task  Bar.

This morning I uninstalled SF3D and installed the latest full version of it. I followed the instructions to the letter (disable Anti-virus, turn off UAC, etc...) and I'm still getting that blue box with the same message and the SF3D effects are not present in the sim.

Any help for this? (Yes, I submitted a ticket yesterday when the blue box first made its appearance - haven't heard anything back other than the auto response that the ticket was received).

Everything was going so well before this update...

Regards,

Scott

Scott Cebula

I read this topic with dread. Took a deep breath and clicked update, it DL the new Auto updater, Ran it, enter the option "A" to update P3Dv4 of SF and all went well.

Ran SF and yes....yet again had to enter all my details..really to just update? But all was fine no problems.

Sadly as much as I love SF and EF when yet again I reported EF faults the reply's never came, just REED with a standard poor reply. None of the issues replied to. After a year REX I find it really disappointing. You guys are great but in some areas you leave a lot to improve on. Fs1 said he would "look into it"......I wont hold much hope on the fixers coming any time soon.

O and a BIG word of warning. I thought i would try SF sky textures........with the new green/blue sky it installed, when in the PMDG NGu the wonderfully frount wing slats went from the wonderfully crome look to........the same colour as the sky!!!!!!, no matter what I did I could not get back to before I made the fatal mistake on installing there sky. 

In the end I reinstalled all of P3D and all addon again. GG REX and I see why PMDG say don't use shader apps. SO DON'T INSTALL SF SKY textures with PMDG NGu and EF. You have been warned.

On the plus side, installed just some nice soft clouds, nothing else and with EF P3D looked wonderfully. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just go straight to the REX customer support forums for all the help you may need...

Opps... I forgot they deleted and closed all their forums awhile ago!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

O and a BIG word of warning. I thought i would try SF sky textures........with the new green/blue sky it installed, when in the PMDG NGu the wonderfully frount wing slats went from the wonderfully crome look to........the same colour as the sky!!!!!!, no matter what I did I could not get back to before I made the fatal mistake on installing there sky. 

what  sky  textures  you got  installed  since  I  havnt  got  your  issues  although I  don't  use  any    shade modes  at all only  sf  and  ef

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg