Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Best Nvidia driver at the moment

Upgrading graphics drivers every five minutes is a mug's game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

I never understood why Nvidia won’t support P3Dv4

I don't understand. The drivers ship with a P3D profile, and even if they didn't you could create your own. What do you mean by "won't support P3D"?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

I don't understand. The drivers ship with a P3D profile, and even if they didn't you could create your own. What do you mean by "won't support P3D"?

Cheers!

What I meant was, P3D not FSX have dedicated support from Nvidia. Yeah there is a P3D profile but they aren’t making current drivers with P3D in mind. They aren’t out here trying to optimize drivers to fit P3D’s specific needs lol 

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Upgrading graphics drivers every five minutes is a mug's game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You’re correct. I was that way a year ago, I would update my driver every time I got an update notification. I was constantly fighting issues that I believe case from updating my drivers every other day 

Mostly the D3D side stays more or less the same. The ancillary functions might change a bit from time to time, like the introduction of the fps limit in Nvidia Control Panel. Those changes can leave problems in profiles that were made from older versions. It's a good precaution to restore/apply those profiles. A few years back I encountered an odd problem with Nvidia profile Inspector profiles that were only fixed when I actually made a change to a profile deliberately so I could restore/apply it. So under the hood there can be a pickup of old settings in rare cases.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Nvidia provide a feedback hub in the GeForce Experience panel bottom right this is why gamers get the bugs fixed they tend to use it the most, feel free to give Nvidia feedback on P3D performance. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

which was the version before the frame rate limiter in NCP please ?

14ppkc-6.png

26 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

which was the version before the frame rate limiter in NCP please ?

I believe the frame rate limiter was introduced in driver 441.87 in January 2020. The previous driver version (without the limiter) was 441.66 issued in December 2019.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

Is the frame rate limiter the same as vsync? I use the one in the Nvidia settings instead of the one in P3D though they have the same performance that I can tell 

23 minutes ago, NBouc said:

I believe the frame rate limiter was introduced in driver 441.87 in January 2020. The previous driver version (without the limiter) was 441.66 issued in December 2019.

thank you very much

14ppkc-6.png

33 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Is the frame rate limiter the same as vsync? I use the one in the Nvidia settings instead of the one in P3D though they have the same performance that I can tell 

No... it is an fps cap, that now can be adjusted all the way down to 20 fps.

It is akin to the fps limiter in P3D, but seems to works better and importantly, reduces CPU load when set.  :happy:

• Upvote 2

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

No... it is an fps cap, that now can be adjusted all the way down to 20 fps.

It is akin to the fps limiter in P3D, but seems to works better and importantly, reduces CPU load when set.  :happy:

And, introduced a lot of stuttering for me, so be prepared in case this happens to someone else.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

And, introduced a lot of stuttering for me, so be prepared in case this happens to someone else.

Cheers, Ed

What are you using, Ed? RTSS?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

What are you using, Ed? RTSS?

Thanks

The internal P3D FPS limiter, but I also use FFTF Dynamic for P3Dv4, all capped to 27 and they work nicely together.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers