Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

This one is really effecting the economy!

• Like 1

I just canceled a 28-day cruise to Hawaii/Fr. Polynesia. At my age there is no way I'll get on either an airplane or a cruise ship until things settle down a bit.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Looks like E3 is going to be cancelled FSExpo could be hit as well.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Supposed to be going to Hawaii for a week in May, but obviously I just have to take it day by day and see what occurs.  It's hard to predict where this will go.  For everyone's sake I am hoping it has blown over by then, with the virus being contained and a vaccine found, but really, who knows?  Will the airline I'm travelling on still be flying anywhere in May?  I was shocked how quickly Flybe went under..

I will definitely be going if I am able to, as I booked this trip months ago.

Edited by scotth6

45 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Looks like E3 is going to be cancelled FSExpo could be hit as well.

I saw.. that is.. sad :S

• Like 1

Victor Roos

You can kiss goodbye to any vaccine being available for at least a year. Stuff like that needs to be rigorously tested before it is allowed to be used on human beings.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, scotth6 said:

I was shocked how quickly Flybe went under..

It wasn't really quick at all. It's been near to going under for several years. More recently, it was on the point of collapse before the Corona virus first occurred in Europe. The business model it was running simply was not profitable, so it was vulnerable to any changes affecting its operation. Corona was the final straw.

• Like 1

John B

Like a lot of issues facing us these days, I find it genuinely challenging to locate any real, irrefutable truth surrounding this outbreak. It seems there are opinions everywhere, some apparently factual and some... well... some of which are not as much so. I wouldn't know  --  but  --  it just sounds like a lot of noise to me at the moment. A calm and reasoned place situated between panic/fear mongering and the findings of medical research is where I seek to be, though for now, I'm just going to have to keep looking for that place...

• Like 1

I'm flying to Sandy Eggo next week!  I'm sealing myself in a plastic bag! :blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I'll continue traveling as airlines will permit. Maybe the idea of sealing myself (and wife too, or myself alone? 🤣) in a plastic bag is not a bad idea at all!.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The EU are having a meeting to change the rules that airlines that do not use the landing slots at airports in Europe can be taken by another airline, forcing airlines to keep empty planes in the air to keep there slots, so much for the EU green policy.

Raymond Fry.

10 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

The EU are having a meeting to change the rules that airlines that do not use the landing slots at airports in Europe can be taken by another airline, forcing airlines to keep empty planes in the air to keep there slots, so much for the EU green policy.

i doubt anyone care about green policy today with the other problem we have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

i doubt anyone care about green policy today with the other problem we have.

I Know but under EU rules you will loose landing slots if you do not use them so we have empty planes flying across the EU.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsmanchester/airlines-are-running-ghost-flights-amid-coronavirus-panic-–-but-none-have-landed-in-manchester/ar-BB112odt?MSCC=1583943547&ocid=spartanntp

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

2 hours ago, billmoto53 said:

Like a lot of issues facing us these days, I find it genuinely challenging to locate any real, irrefutable truth surrounding this outbreak. It seems there are opinions everywhere, some apparently factual and some... well... some of which are not as much so. I wouldn't know  --  but  --  it just sounds like a lot of noise to me at the moment. A calm and reasoned place situated between panic/fear mongering and the findings of medical research is where I seek to be, though for now, I'm just going to have to keep looking for that place...

There was  rather good Joe Rogan Podcast on this the other day, with a world renowned expert. Very interesting with some great factual information. He did say, that the notion that this is just like seasonal flue, and that people die from that too, is not true. He estimated that this could be 10 times worse than seasonal flue in terms of deaths. He also said that this is just the beginning and that we can expect worse to come. He said the surgical style masks people are wearing don't help prevent infection but do help reduce the spread of infection if a person is already infected. The masks that can help are in short supply. 

The best advice he could give is to remain healthy, healthy diet, and avoid public places. The spread is via droplets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Instead of Podcast X, Y or Z, why not go to the source if your are looking for information in regard to the current situation?

The WHO's dedicated site is at:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019

their FAQs cover quite a range of topics.

And as to canceling events - well, if, as in the Italian scenario - a government decides to pretty much close everything and putting travel restrictions in place, then there's not much room for argument, is there? I doubt that they would arrive at such a decision just because it sounds like a fun thing to do or the head honcho of the country that takes that step wants to experience the feeling of pure power. (and perhaps sit on the throne, cackling in an evil manner whilst rubbing their hands together in glee)

Apart from that, Lufthansa, for example, has just gone and anounced that they will be taking 23,000 flights off their schedule between March 29 and April 24, so actually getting to a venue (by air) could prove difficult indeed if more airlines follow that example...

Cheers

Mallard