Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

Here is an accurate breakdown of the coronavirus statistics worldwide and nationwide.  This is the best thing I've seen to date.  I understand it is updated hourly but I can't confirm that,

https://ncov2019.live/

Noel

Thanks Noel. Stay safe........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Check out this livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgylp3Td1Bw

Avoid if you're a hypochondriac!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

41 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Check out this livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgylp3Td1Bw

Avoid if you're a hypochondriac!

we (Germany) had 8 March aprox 1000 infected, today 18 March we have 10000

i hope we can stop it the next 10 days.

Edit: I am really sad, a few days ago, when we had 5000 infected i hoped we will have

the same control what south korea have, they had around 8000 Infected.

And now we surpased it 😞 and South korea as it looks have it under control.

Edited by Nedo68
  • Like 1

For a pretty stark assessment of the CoVID-19 situation if we don't all band together, Goggle -

"Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID-19 mortality and healthcare demand." 

This report was just release recently!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm still doing ATC but we are prepared to go to skeleton crews...thankfully the airline traffic is down or will be so it should be manageable for the larger facilities.   

One good thing for you working for the FAA,, besides the fact that ATC guys make a lot of money, you probably have great job security being a gov employee. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

From live atc. net, Midway Airport is shut down due to their controllers having the virus. Their ATIS  is confirming that.

Just checked again, The airport is open. 3 tech support  people have the virus.This information is coming from Airliners.net  The tower is shut down.I was thinking that some traffic can be diverted to  Gary Indiana.  Runway is long enough for Midway traffic.

8 hours ago, jon b said:

EGLL London Heathrow is planning on shutting down a runway and using it to park aircraft , so I hear.

This is just getting surreal now, but strangely I don’t feel as unsettled or disturbed as I did flying as an airline pilot immediately after 9-11.

WE WILL get through this.

I lost my first aviation job due 9-11 and now I'm on unpaid leave because of this one. 

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, jon b said:

EGLL London Heathrow is planning on shutting down a runway and using it to park aircraft , so I hear.

Already happened at EKCH since the 14th:

Q) EKDK/QMRLC/IV/NBO /A /000/999/5537N01239E
A) EKCH
B) 20/03/14 05:00 C) 20/03/27 11:00
E) RWY 04L/22R CLSD DUE TO AIRCRAFT PARKING

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

21 hours ago, pete_auau said:

The  usa  are  testing  a  cure  for   for  it  and  our  testing  it,  here in  oz   they    are  testing 2  drugs   on  people   to  see  what  is  the  best one to  cure  people  with the  virus,  and  in the  next  2  months or  so   will roll  out  the  best  one,  but  they  said  it  will take  another  12  to  18  months  for  a  vaccine hopefully  sooner 

Yes Pete, I know, I said so in my comments that you quoted.

But the following is my opinion.. 18 months is a long time. And there is no way a nation can be in lock down that long, with no travel and limited contact with other people. Businesses would fail and entire economies would be severely damaged. For that reason, I feel that within 6 months, the extreme measures we are seeing will have to be relaxed. When that happens the virus will once again take hold.

The other factor of course is psychological, namely "habituation". I have no doubt that people will habituate, become used to the prospect of this organisms existence. When that happens, and I have no doubt it will be within weeks not months, and unless there are strict laws to prevent it, people will once again begin to increase their social contact and relax the measures they are taking to protect themselves and others. 

Now when those things happen, it may be that all we see is pockets of infection that can be contained. Alternatively, given how infectious this organism seems to be, we may once again see widespread transmission. 

So I find myself of the opinion that we MUST make sure our health services are provided with sufficient resources to cope with the inevitable resurgence of the organism once social distancing and travel restrictions are relaxed. That has to be a priority I would think. And it has to be a priority now! Trouble is, the UK government has been slow to do that. More ventilators are obviously required, and that was obvious weeks ago, but sadly that seems to not have occurred to our wonderful leaders. 

I'm not saying social distancing is a bad idea, its not, it's essential to flatten the curve, reduce the peak in cases, so health services don't get swamped and fail. But I am saying it cant be sustained very long, and to expect the organism to return with a vengeance before we have a vaccination available.  

Edited by martin-w
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, martin-w said:

So I find myself of the opinion that we MUST make sure our health services are provided with sufficient resources to cope with the inevitable resurgence of the organism once social distancing and travel restrictions are relaxed. That has to be a priority I would think. And it has to be a priority now! Trouble is, the UK government has been slow to do that. More ventilators are obviously required, and that was obvious weeks ago, but sadly that seems to not have occurred to our wonderful leaders. 

The problem is outsourcing the manufacture of product is now coming home to people most of the mask in the world are made in china a lot of drugs are, Country's are now keeping stocks for themselves.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/business/amazon-to-suspend-all-non-essential-shipments-in-uk-and-us-until-april/ar-BB11k6vM?li=AAnZ9Ug

This could make it harder for some to get parts if you are thinking of upgrading.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

35 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

This could make it harder for some to get parts if you are thinking of upgrading.

No upgrades for me required for now. 

Our local doctors surgery has just shut down. They cancelled my sons doctors appointment and told him to put in a letter for a repeat prescription for his SSRI's. The repeat prescription box has now been screwed to the outside of the building.  You basically ring up and if they think you need an urgent appointment they send you somewhere else.

Thinking I will put my repeat prescription in for thyroid pill early this time. 

Edited by martin-w

I was out and about this morning.  I had an appointment with my eye doctor.  I always arrange for the first appointment of the day so I am first in and first out so the waiting room wasn't full when I got there.  I had to have a laser procedure done so I was there for about an hour and a half.  The waiting room was about 3/4 full when I left.  Nobody was wearing masks.

Then I went to Denny's for breakfast.  While they were maintaining an empty table or booth between customers and there was nothing on the tables like desert menus or condiments or silverware and napkins the service was normal.  The waitress brought napkins, silverware, and condiments when she came to take your order.  Again, no face masks in view (of course it's difficult to eat breakfast while wearing a face mask).

After breakfast I went to the supermarket to buy some groceries.  The crowd was about average.  Again no extra distance between people in the checkout line and no masks in sight.

I'm 86 years old, a prime potential victim, but I'm not changing my lifestyle unless forced by law to do so.  I feel I have a much better chance of getting hit by a drunk or texting driver or getting shot by some nut with a gun than I have of contracting the coronavirus.  And if I do get it I have a 90% chance or better of surviving it.  

80,000 Chinese out of a population of 1.5 billion and 7,000 Italians out of a population of 60 million doesn't sound that great to me.  Less than 0.001%.  More people get the flu every winter than that.  Granted coronavirus may be more dangerous than the flue, but all this panic and hype I think is over the top.  Not worth destroying national economies over.

Noel

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Think about it.

1. The only reason older folks are "prime candidates" has nothing to do with their age. It's because they have worse health problems to begin with.

2. I you are healthy or don't already have the virus, a mask does nothing to prevent it. Masks are for health care workers working around sick people. And for sick people.

3. You don't have to be sick to be a carrier. Most people won't get sick, but that doesn't mean you won't spread it.

4. Way to write off 80,000 innocent people. By the way, those numbers are probably way low.

5. Sure, go on believing it's hoax. Italy thought so as little as a week ago.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

1 hour ago, bobbyjack said:

1. The only reason older folks are "prime candidates" has nothing to do with their age. It's because they have worse health problems to begin with.

Well, don't they have worse health problems because of their age?

Edited by MartinRex007