Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

I was a bit unhappy when at the local supermarket I could only have one multipack of spicy Nik-Naks. But now, thinking a bit more about it, one might want to avoid crunchy snacks, depending on one's dental situation.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Just now, SteveW said:

I was a bit unhappy when at the local supermarket I could only have one multipack of spicy Nik-Naks. But now, thinking a bit more about it, one might want to avoid crunchy snacks, depending on one's dental situation.

Speaking of food, I wonder whether a side effect of the COVID won't be scurvy. Staying home, we eat more and more dry goods  instead of fruits and veggies 😋

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

17 minutes ago, domkle said:

Speaking of food, I wonder whether a side effect of the COVID won't be scurvy. Staying home, we eat more and more dry goods  instead of fruits and veggies 😋

You'd actually have to have a fairly prolonged poor diet before you'd be at risk of scurvy, unless you had some already underlying issues. But just in case anyone thinks they may have it, the symptoms of scurvy include:

Feeling very tired and weak all the time, difficulty climbing rigging, problems swinging off halyards, swashbuckling etc.

Saying things such as 'aaaar!', 'avast me hearties', 'shiver me timbers' etc.

Severe joint or leg pain (does not apply to peg legs, hooks etc).

Swollen, bleeding gums, loose teeth, eye patches, long beards with beads and other decorative items plaited into them

Developing red or blue spots on the skin, usually on your shins (does not apply to black mark on the palm of your hand, that's something entirely different).

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 Months from now Covid-19 we may be over the worst we hope, but the world financial meltdown may hit everybody, company`s are shutting doors in the UK buy the hour.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I'm not worried about toilet paper.  I save the political section of my newspaper for that purpose.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

14 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Tell me about it.  

I was at Walmart yesterday afternoon continuing the "Great Toilet Paper Search of 2020". I stopped on my way out after scoring a few bargins (tins of potted meat for 61 cents!), etc., and spoke to an off-duty Whiting policeman standing near the exit doors.  He advised me to come at 0600 on Tuesday for the one hour "seniors only" shopping event and I would possibly be able to buy one multi-roll pack of TP.

Walmart has established a ONE item per shopper on many items. They also have an honest to God policeman stationed at the rear of the store where all the paper goods are displayed. He remains there enforcing the limit until the shelves are empty!

Early this morning my handyman stopped by and brought me six precious rolls of the rare TP. He'd managed to score an 80 roll case from a supply company for $85.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Some timid signs of a slow down of infections in Italy is happening, today is the second day of that. I hope to see the same tomorrow.
We are approaching the 2 weeks in these days since the first country wide lock down.

Meanwhile i also want to let you know that some international help also arrived. China keeps sending planes of supplies and respirators, the USA also did the same with a C130, Russia with 9 planes of supplies and even medical teams and Cuba with 30 doctors. Germany is going to take 8 italian patients to their ICU also. Those are the things that warm my heart a little and i think everybody can take solace in that

• Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

My colleagues and I are expecting to go to work.. for now. Might change after tonight's UK update whether the company shuts it's doors in order to benefit from the 80% wage payment mentioned by the Govt. (still no clarity on that - our Chief Executive has still not got answers for us - not his fault. The UK chambers of Commerce are still not clear about the proposals).

On the bright side - I used the toilet at work, thus saving on my family's TP stock. :biggrin:

Edited by HighBypass
parenthesis

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

7 hours ago, domkle said:

Funny. I wondered about scurvy myself. I think it was from watching Mutiny On The Bounty and Master Commander last week.

Vic green

U.K. declared as close as possible to state control at 20.30 GMT on Monday 23 March 2020 by PM Boris Johnson.

Personal freedoms now highly restricted. Never thought I’d be writing this about my own country. Unprecedented doesn’t even come close. Historic would be more accurate.

Greatest control of population since World War Two. Blimey! 😢

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

U.K. declared as close as possible to state control at 20.30 GMT on Monday 23 March 2020 by PM Boris Johnson.

Personal freedoms now highly restricted. Never thought I’d be writing this about my own country. Unprecedented doesn’t even come close. Historic would be more accurate.

Greatest control of population since World War Two. Blimey! 😢

I'm no big fan of Bojo, but in fairness to him and our Govt, the decision to do this has pretty much been forced on them by the fact that in very large numbers, the UK populace are being stupid and irresponsible in the face of the situation at hand.

Yesterday, I witnessed loads of families out strolling about in the nice weather en masse as though nothing was amiss at all, pushing prams and walking with toddlers. And when there are five or six family members wandering up even a quite wide pavement and they come across some similarly stupid people heading the other way, the notion of social distancing was going right out of the window as these people passed one another. One couple in particular had a child strapped into one of those chest harness carriers which looked to me to be not far off being a new born baby. Would you chance the health of your new born child by going for a completely unnecessary stroll?

The UK Government had not politely suggested that if we felt like it, we might perchance not go out and about for unnecessary reasons; it was a firm request in order to attempt to slow down the potential spread of the Virus, so that the rate of potential infection could be averaged out if possible, in order not to overwhelm the UK's medical facilities. An eminently sensible idea, which all those pillocks were completely ignoring. So now they've had to be more forceful with the thing.

So it's not so much 'state control' as it is 'the controlling of idiotic, entirely selfish people who cannot take responsibility for themselves and others'.

When that stupid couple I saw with their new born kid are sobbing and in a massive queue at A&E because their kid is ill, they'll know exactly who is to blame if they look in a mirror.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Fear not. Here in the US we have been told we can go back to "Life as Usual" in 15 days.

53 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Fear not. Here in the US we have been told we can go back to "Life as Usual" in 15 days.

More like 7 days now.  I am over 50 and starting to feel this age group (of which 99% of deaths occur as mentioned in today's briefing) are going to be expendable to save the economy.  May sound paranoid but that is how it came across.

• Like 1

My data-driven advice to anyone counting on an all-clear in 7-15 days' time is to stand by and see what conditions actually are at that point.

I'll continue to post data, and occasionally field reports, as I come across them.