Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

A good chunk of the infected is indeed asymptomatic, usually they are not detected (not tested) nor hospitalized.
Those are the numbers which will drop the death rate.

As for the drop in infection, that will happen after 2-3 weeks, provided there is an actual lockdown and most are not going to work. And it will happen only on the first epicenter, not on every single zone at the same time (since coronavirus didn't arrive there at the same time either).

China's numbers can be trusted up to a certain point, and make sense only in the way their main epicenter was a single one.

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

10 hours ago, Alan_A said:

My friend there did tell me about a friend of his who's 75 and asthmatic and contracted the virus.  He got through without needing to be hospitalized and he's on the mend.  So that's one thing.

Hi Alan, nice to hear that! We have numbers of infected & recovered
but I can't find any information or numbers about the age of the recovered, i think that means all age groups recover?

16 hours ago, threegreen said:

I don't know what to say other than that I hope that things stay at very, very mild for you and your wife until you get rid of it and I hope your friend will recover and do so quickly.

15 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Hang in - sincerely hoping that it stays mild for you and your wife, and that your friend makes it through.  You're in our thoughts.

Thank you both, very much appreciated.

Some good news comes from the occasional high risk catagories who beat the virus: 98-year-old in the UK, 101-year-old Italian yesterday and a Cystic Fibrosis sufferer
https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/uk-world-news/man-cystic-fibrosis-encourages-others-21762777

Still - and it's partly the reason for my post yesterday - it's important to note that the virus is indiscriminate in who it gives serious symptoms.

Stay at home, save lives

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Here`s a sneak peak into our near future... unless it's the trailer of the sequel. Wuhan begins to lift its lockdown. Let's watch and learn this time, eh? If it will have been too early there, it won`t be the time, everywhere. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-wuhan/chinas-wuhan-where-the-coronavirus-emerged-begins-to-lift-its-lockdown-idUSKBN21F0B9

If the leaks coming out if china are true they are still dying.

And if the Washington post is true 1.4 % of the US population has died from Covid 19 I did not know that, third largest population in the world but if it`s in the press it must be true.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

21 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

And if the Washington post is true 1.4 % of the US population has died from Covid 19 I did not know that, third largest population in the world but if it`s in the press it must be true.  

You’re either not understanding the facts (wapo never said 1.4% of us pop died) or trying to spread false information. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

5 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

You’re either not understanding the facts (wapo never said 1.4% of us pop died) or trying to spread false information. 

They were asking why is it more people are dying in the US than Germany and put Germany at 0.4% and I think they messed up with the US numbers, but not getting into politics you know why.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

Indeed  WAPO never reported that. With 104K+ cases and 1.7K casualties of COVID-19 in the US, the spreading of this  disinformation is a symptom of a whole different illness. As for the leaks coming out of China: it`s no state secret: people have been dying in China for thousands of years and they`ll foreseeably continue to die, of all kinds of causes, in the future. 

2 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

China's numbers can be trusted up to a certain point, and make sense only in the way their main epicenter was a single one.

Apparently there is now only one country where people don’t believe numbers coming from China. That is China. The Chinese know better than believe what their callous authorities say.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

38 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

(That would be 4,900,000 deaths). Someone is misquoting somebody which is common in this nightmare..... US has 104,000 case. 1716 deaths resulting 1.3% mortality rate. Just the facts maam.

3 minutes ago, domkle said:

Apparently there is now only one country where people don’t believe numbers coming from China. That is China.

How could a place which invented the suanpan screw up the numbers? 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I do not think that China is the only place in the world where people do not believe everything that they are told. A list of countries where the population does believe everything it was told, or indeed where it is always told the truth, would be one shorter.

Edited by Reader

1 hour ago, Chock said:

How could a place which invented the suanpan screw up the numbers? 🤣

😄

A not so bad wiki about it 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_mathematics

1 hour ago, Reader said:

I do not think that China is the only place in the world 

It is not but there are few places where the population has so good reasons to do so. 

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Perhaps but I think the main distinction is not whether the truth is told but how it is not.

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

2 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

(That would be 4,900,000 deaths). Someone is misquoting somebody which is common in this nightmare..... US has 104,000 case. 1716 deaths resulting 1.3% mortality rate. Just the facts maam.

I believe that the problem with the "Washington post" quote is that it is likely cited incorrectly. Instead of "1.4 % of the US population has died from Covid 19" if it had cited "1.4 % of the infected US population has died..." then that would fall closer in line with the mortality rate of 1.3% that Adrian123 has cited.

In that case, we all need to be extremely careful to make certain we are citing things accurately! 😏

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator