Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

Everyone here wears masks at the grocery store but I dont know about anywhere else.

I've been wearing masks that my mom picked up from Walgreens.  She was in and out of the hospital quite a lot for quite a while and I tried to keep masks around for both of us.

I'm leery of the ones at Amazon.  so many people say they just receive a pile of masks in a non descript plastic bag.

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

15 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Everyone here wears masks at the grocery store but I dont know about anywhere else.

I've been wearing masks that my mom picked up from Walgreens.  She was in and out of the hospital quite a lot for quite a while and I tried to keep masks around for both of us.

I'm leery of the ones at Amazon.  so many people say they just receive a pile of masks in a non descript plastic bag.

I just made a McDonalds run at the drive through, and noticed a sign saying they will not serve anyone without a mask.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

So.......

Yeah.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

7 hours ago, sightseer said:

I'm not surprised.  Mine were from third-party sellers, which is probably a better way to go.  Depending on the seller, of course...

• Like 1

Masks are unavailable here too.  I got one when I accompanied my brother to the cancer clinic.

A neighbor lady is making cloth masks that have a pouch for putting in paper towel filters.  She's been handing them out to everyone on the block. Jury rigged I guess, but better than nothing.

Most people here are not into wearing masks yet.  With just 27 reported cases that increases by one every one or two weeks there is no sense of urgency yet.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

16 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I just made a McDonalds run at the drive through, and noticed a sign saying they will not serve anyone without a mask.

I wish I still had a motorcycle so that I could go into a gas station or shop wearing my helmet.. Well highwaymen and bandits wear masks and it's allowed these days :dry: Still cannot properly see a person's face when they're wearing a mask. The world turns full circle in these desperate times.

HiFlyer that video...  :blink: There are pranks, and there are pranks...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

7 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

HiFlyer that video...  :blink: There are pranks, and there are pranks...

Yeah..... Not very funny.....

Here is the story behind it, as far as I could find: https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3907216

• Like 1

Devons rig

20 hours ago, n4gix said:

I have to remember to go start my car at least once a week to keep the battery charged, even though it's only a month old.

I get about three weeks to the gallon on mine now.

• Like 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

20 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

The KN95's apparently hail from china, and I was wary of them right from the start. Recent events have made me even more concerned. Governments worldwide have begun rejecting KN95's.

Oh I have long suspected that these KN95 aren't kosher with regards to medical use, but they are in fact perfectly fine for my intended use, which is to confine any coughing and sneezing to myself. They are in my use case intended to protect others, not necessarily myself.

38 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I get about three weeks to the gallon on mine now.

Yeah, myself also! The pity is that gas prices are the lowest I've seen in decades, and there's nowhere to go now...

...except possibly just to take a leisurely drive around the back roads here in Indiana and/or Illinois. :cool:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

All I can say, a benefit of this”lockdown” is that the pollution haze has lifted. My wife and I went to our vacation home today for the first time in months. No haze, the mountains are almost 4K in visual appearance.

• Like 1

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

That's the way we are all the time.  Clear skies 300 days out of the year.  With relative humidity in the teens or even single digits at times there is little water vapor in the air so not much in the way of haze.  Even in normal times traffic isn't that bad.  And at an elevation of 3600 ft the air is quite clear.  We are 200 miles from the nearest interstate highway in any direction so 90% of our traffic is local.    I live close to the center of town so there is no place in the city I can't drive to in less than 15 minutes.  And we have no major polluting industries.  Mostly dairy farms and pecan orchards although there is mozzarella cheese processing plant just outside of town.

About the only time we get poor visibilities are a few times in the summer when the wind kicks up dust storms.

Normally we can see Sierra Blanca peak to the west 90 miles away.  It is over 12,000 feet high so we can see the top of it.  

I notice when I go back to South Carolina the sky isn't quite as blue as it is up here.  It's a paler shade.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

After  the discussions on antibody testing accuracy my household has been randomly selected as part of a UK government covid19 antibody research study. The invitation I received  cautions that the tests currently are not 100% accurate at the individual level

They will be sending us finger lancet tests  - but we are advised to ignore the results...

Edited by SteveFx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Like 2

Devons rig

That cardboard bed is ingenious, darkly humorous and practical all at the same time. :cool:

• Like 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

42 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Colombian company creates bed that can double as coffin

Something about the mother of invention comes to mind.

Yeesh.

• Like 2