Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

7 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

..mandating ankle monitors for Covid positive residents who refuse to self quarantine.....

The ankle monitors are for people testing positive, not for anyone who is just going about their business... untested, or negative... regarding cell phone tracking, the criminal element will use burner phones, so business as usual there then...

I'm not at that stage yet (ankle monitor, not burner phone!!). I'll wait for the test kit to arrive and then my results. 😎

Your post sparked my theorising about what if my test comes up positive because I'm in a village with no cases at all.

IF I'm positive then the best way we can alert people I've been in socially distant contact with over lockdown is the local farcebook group my wife is on and contacting our friends and family..

Then I guess it 2 weeks of me, or my wife sleeping on the couch (we have recliners so no real hardship!) plus additional time for her and our two grown kids who live with us as per isolation rules.. I can look up what the UK is deciding we do at the time should it come to that. If I do get to death's door, then it's doubtful if either the air ambulance or a terrestrial ambulance would come and get me - yes our village usually get the air ambulance on a call out due to distance from the nearest A&E (accident & emergency - ER in the USA) hospital, and the rural road network. I suppose if an ambulance is ready to go the instant the call is made, it MIGHT get here after 30 minutes... and that's with blues & twos blaring.

Incidentally, the UK is not at the "everyone must wear a mask" stage. Yes, if you use public transport and are in a small shop or enclosed area I believe. Apart from that it just the "2 metres apart or 6 feet under" social distancing rule. Mind you given the amount of people out and about (20th May) I don't know how long that will last.. and I know The Sun (tabloid press) isn't the best place to get news from, but this is the latest video showing off the summer weather. Most people appeared to be social distancing, assuming they were family groups.. but still..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpv_uCcf1JM

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I wonder if anyone keeps statistics on the longest Avsim thread ever. I'd bet this on is at or near the top.

Vic

I think if you add all the pages concerning undulating runways or oversize trees you would see they're about the same.  how many pages have been spent on "subscription"?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 hour ago, KevinAu said:

Yes. It will be part of normality. If there is no vaccine, if immunity is limited. Masks will be part of our permanent, normal lives.

Ah yes.  The world  of Big Brother.  I can hardly wait.

"Describe the man you saw steal that woman's purse."  "He was wearing a mask."

"Describe the person who shot the storekeeper."  "He was wearing a mask."

"Describe the person who carjacked that Buick."  He was wearing a mask."

The police will have to draw face masks over every person in their mugshot books.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

23 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Your post sparked my theorising about what if my test comes up positive because I'm in a village with no cases at all.

You could hold your breath until you leave the village.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

8 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I wonder if anyone keeps statistics on the longest Avsim thread ever. I'd bet this on is at or near the top.

I think it's been kinda fun.  Keeps one occupied when there is no place to go.

Noel

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Ah yes.  The world  of Big Brother.  I can hardly wait.

"Describe the man you saw steal that woman's purse."  "He was wearing a mask."

"Describe the person who shot the storekeeper."  "He was wearing a mask."

"Describe the person who carjacked that Buick."  He was wearing a mask."

The police will have to draw face masks over every person in their mugshot books.

Noel

I’m sure crooks are already taking advantage of a world where masks are normal. But what does that have to do with big brother?

@birdguy  so do I Noel.  It gives us something to do.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

13 minutes ago, birdguy said:

I think it's been kinda fun.  Keeps one occupied when there is no place to go.

Noel

Weren’t you just at target, walmart, farmer’s market, albertson’s, home depot, ace hardware and other places while under stay at home orders? Where else is there left to go?

Edited by KevinAu

15 minutes ago, KevinAu said:

I’m sure crooks are already taking advantage of a world where masks are normal. But what does that have to do with big brother?

Big Brother mandating the masks silly.

Noel

15 minutes ago, KevinAu said:

Weren’t you just at target, walmart, farmer’s market, albertson’s, home depot, ace hardware and other places while under stay at home orders? Where else is there left to go?

The best places.  Restaurants and theaters.  I'd love to go to the Cattle Baron for nice extra rare slice of prime rib or Red Lobster for a surf and turf or a double order of snow crab legs.  And I'd love to go to The Sprint Store and visit my adopted granddaughters.  I haven't seen them in a while.  Last week I bought them a box of Oreos but I can't go inside.  A couple of them came out and talked to me for few minutes.    

Noel 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

The only one I can think of that might have gone almost as long as this one, was the topic back around 2007/2008 when PCAviator announced a new ground breaking product that was going to change simming forever. The speculation ran rampant for weeks on here, racking up tons of replies to that topic. After it was revelased the new ground breaking product was MSE, the topic continued for some time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

Big Brother mandating the masks silly.

Noel

No, Big Brother *watches* you. That is what the term big brother alludes to.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

The best places.  Restaurants and theaters.  I'd love to go to the Cattle Baron for nice extra rare slice of prime rib or Red Lobster for a surf and turf or a double order of snow crab legs.  And I'd love to go to The Sprint Store and visit my adopted granddaughters.  I haven't seen them in a while.  Last week I bought them a box of Oreos but I can't go inside.  A couple of them came out and talked to me for few minutes.    

Noel 

Exactly! And those could all have stayed open if we had all started wearing masks at the beginning of this.

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-deaths-covid-19?country=SWE

I'm getting tired of hearing about both Sweden and HCQ. COVID-19 deaths in Sweden are still averaging about the same during the past two months. Their per capita death rate is far above any other Scandinavian country.

Well, the data for the graph I used, which shows less deaths per day than yours, comes from the Sweden Public Health Agency.  The source for the graph you linked to is the European CDC.  Who is right?   Anyway, when you adjust the graph for population with data from the UK, the number of deaths is about the same, and Sweden didn't shut everything down like the UK did.

Anyway, here's another interesting graph for Sweden:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1107913/number-of-coronavirus-deaths-in-sweden-by-age-groups/

66% of Covid-19 deaths are persons 80 years of age and older.

88% are 70 years of age and older.

95% are 60 years of age and older.

98% are 50 years of age and older.

Only 1.5% are people under 50 years of age.

I'll bet that some of those under 60 had other health problems. 

This is a disease that targets old and sick people, and those are the good folks that we should focus on protecting instead of stupidly keeping all the schools closed down for 6 months.

Dave

Edited by dave2013

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Here's another Covid-19 deaths by age graph for Italy:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1106372/coronavirus-death-rate-by-age-group-italy/

96% of Covid-19 deaths are persons over 60 years of age.

Only 1.5% are under 50 years of age.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS