Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

1 minute ago, birdguy said:

It's absolute that the gunk can travel no further than 6 feet.  

BS............says who?

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

22 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Your choice. But I'll say again...you have no clue as to what's going on...plonk.

Yeah!  Clueless Clyde.  That's been my nickname all my life.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Just now, birdguy said:

Yeah!  Clueless Clyde.  That's been my nickname all my life.

Noel

That couldn't be more appropriate..........

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

5 minutes ago, W2DR said:

That couldn't be more appropriate..........

Thanks for the kind words.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

My wife just got back from shopping and reports three more large stores have opened in the mall.  Burkes and Beal's clothing stores and Hobby Lobby.  Waiting for the restaurants to open.

Noel

Interesting times.......

My Doctors office just called to reschedule (for the third time) my yearly physical.

I think the nurse was startled when I laughed at her, but I had already made an internal bet with myself that that's exactly what they would do. Strict instructions this time that when I arrive at the hospital, I must be wearing a mask, and that they will be taking temperatures in the lobby.

No worries, because at this rate I don't expect to see them till next year! 😋

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Is anyone surprised? Reporting on things like this have been steadily rising as individual states, under various pretexts, are found making moves to obscure unfavorable numbers from the public.

Did you catch Georgia's latest faux-pas? The one where their latest "graph" re-arranged the reporting dates so that at a casual glance it would appear that things were in a constant decline?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/us/florida-georgia-covid-19-test-data/index.html

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Did you catch Georgia's latest faux-pas? The one where their latest "graph" re-arranged the reporting dates so that at a casual glance it would appear that things were in a constant decline?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/us/florida-georgia-covid-19-test-data/index.html

Yes it was part of the article that I linked a couple of posts ago.

Meanwhile in America: https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/4F1BD0DC-9A25-11EA-8E0F-D464E6377B06

Edit: Which reminds me; I want a costco membership.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The Atlantic has another very interesting article posted titled:

America’s Patchwork Pandemic Is Fraying Even Further

This article is well worth the time to read as it explains how this novel virus is presenting itself in a "patchwork" fashion in so far as each state is experiencing it in distinctly different ways...

There was supposed to be a peak. But the stark turning point, when the number of daily COVID-19 cases in the U.S. finally crested and began descending sharply, never happened. Instead, America spent much of April on a disquieting plateau, with every day bringing about 30,000 new cases and about 2,000 new deaths. The graphs were more mesa than Matterhorn—flat-topped, not sharp-peaked. Only this month has the slope started gently heading downward.

This pattern exists because different states have experienced the coronavirus pandemic in very different ways. In the most severely pummeled places, like New York and New Jersey, COVID-19 is waning. In Texas and North Carolina, it is still taking off. In Oregon and South Carolina, it is holding steady. These trends average into a national plateau, but each state’s pattern is distinct. Currently, Hawaii’s looks like a child’s drawing of a mountain. Minnesota’s looks like the tip of a hockey stick. Maine’s looks like a (two-humped) camel. The U.S. is dealing with a patchwork pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

17 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Meanwhile in America: https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/4F1BD0DC-9A25-11EA-8E0F-D464E6377B06

Edit: Which reminds me; I want a costco membership.

The best comment was this, which I've used several times over the past few weeks:

Many stores had a no shirt, no shoes, no service policy that they strictly enforced and this was still a free country. 
Adding a no face mask no service policy during a pandemic is not unreasonable.

• Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

Speaking and the risk of SARS-CoV-2 spread.

Speech droplets generated by asymptomatic carriers of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) are increasingly considered to be a likely mode of disease transmission. Highly sensitive laser light scattering observations have revealed that loud speech can emit thousands of oral fluid droplets per second. In a closed, stagnant air environment, they disappear from the window of view with time constants in the range of 8 to 14 min, which corresponds to droplet nuclei of ca. 4 μm diameter, or 12- to 21-μm droplets prior to dehydration. These observations confirm that there is a substantial probability that normal speaking causes airborne virus transmission in confined environments.

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/05/12/2006874117

Martin

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

These observations confirm that there is a substantial probability that normal speaking causes airborne virus transmission in confined environments.

Like dinner conversation in a restaurant.......

Good luck, eatery owners that want to open now, you won't be seeing me for quite a while!!

Devons rig

36 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Speech droplets generated by asymptomatic carriers of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) are increasingly considered to be a likely mode of disease transmission. Highly sensitive laser light scattering observations have revealed that loud speech can emit thousands of oral fluid droplets per second. In a closed, stagnant air environment, they disappear from the window of view with time constants in the range of 8 to 14 min, which corresponds to droplet nuclei of ca. 4 μm diameter, or 12- to 21-μm droplets prior to dehydration. These observations confirm that there is a substantial probability that normal speaking causes airborne virus transmission in confined environments.

So when my doctor or the nurse or the medical tech removes his mask to talk to me and I remove mine to talk to him isn't that an increased risk for both of us?

And if 6ft isn't absolute can it be 7 feet or 8 feet?  And where does that put restaurants when they put tables 6 feet apart.?  And if they increase the distance to say 8 or 10 feet  and every third booth open then how few tables can they maintain to be profitable?

Is 6ft normal conversation?  How about shouting or laughing?

Noel

2 minutes ago, birdguy said:

So when my doctor or the nurse or the medical tech removes his mask to talk to me and I remove mine to talk to him isn't that an increased risk for both of us?

And if 6ft isn't absolute can it be 7 feet or 8 feet?  And where does that put restaurants when they put tables 6 feet apart.?  And if they increase the distance to say 8 or 10 feet  and every third booth open then how few tables can they maintain to be profitable?

Is 6ft normal conversation?  How about shouting or laughing?

Noel

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/study-coronavirus-air-eyes-chinese-restaurant/story?id=70443864

Devons rig

11 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

How about shouting or laughing?

A COVID-19 superspreader unknowingly infected 52 people with the new coronavirus at a choir practice in Mount Vernon, Washington, in early March, leading to the deaths of two people.

Evidently singing also.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-superspreader-singing.html

Martin

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1