Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

5 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Way to go media and others.

There is now some good evidence based data on the biology, epidemiology and treatment protocols for COVID-19 coming out daily. The data speaks for itself, no need to speculate like in the beginning of this pandemic. It is what it is!

Martin

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

coming out daily.

That's what bothers me.  It makes me believe that today's data supersedes yesterday's data and tomorrow's data will supersede today's data.  Why not hold back on publicity until ALL the data is in and you have something definitive to report?  In fact why not scale back all the reports instead of having the show du jure that does nothing but confuse the layman like me?  We don't have to know what all the steps are.  Wait until you're done and then tell us what we have to do.

Like vaccines.  There are several in the race.  It makes me suspicious.  I'm not saying I won't get vaccinated but I am sure going to wait until others do and see what happens to them.

Someone will post a link to a graph or report here.  Immediately following someone will say that's wrong and post his contradictory graph or report.

This reporting looks to me like a bicycle race with the contestants battling for the lead.

I think less reporting would not make so many people anxious and suspicious.

Noel 

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

13 hours ago, w6kd said:

Are they doing drive-thru antibody testing for history of previous infection, or rt-PCR testing for an active infection?

The latter thankfully. I'm off for the next few hours to wait patiently in line.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Yes, the media can seem to make things more difficult to understand, I was mainly referring to what is appearing in the scientific journals which will be the basis of how we get this pandemic under control. I know that data is not easily accessible or understandable by the majority, but it's good to know it's beginning to paint a more complete picture of what the world is up against.

Martin 

P.S. Noel, a race to get a new vaccine out before the election, what possibly could go wrong. 

Edited by MartinRex007
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, birdguy said:

For some people, ignorance is bliss. For others, the opposite is true. You can't please everybody.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

39 minutes ago, Luke said:

For some people, ignorance is bliss

That's me.  There were times in my life I had hours when I didn't know if I was going to live or die.  I developed a sense of not caring.  To me Covid-19 is like a mortar attack or an airplane with some malfunction or a helicopter that it's tail rotor fly off.  Some people are going to get it.  I might be one of them.  I might not.  I'd rather not fret and worry about it.  If that be ignorance call me blissful.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I hope that our borders are closed for a good long time.

• Like 1

Well, the testing didn't take nearly as long as I'd feared it might. It seems that I arrived a just the right moment, as there was NO ONE in line ahead of me. The nice lady setting up my account and asking questions did mention that they had just sat down since opening up at 0900 this morning.

Altogether it took only 15 minutes from start to finish. The nasal swabbing just tickled me a bit and wasn't the least bit painful. I should learn the results between 48 and 72 hours.

• Like 5

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 weeks, 2220 posts...this thread had a good run.  Time to move the forum's focus back to flight simming.

• Upvote 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case