Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

U.K. declared as close as possible to state control at 20.30 GMT on Monday 23 March 2020 by PM Boris Johnson.

Personal freedoms now highly restricted. Never thought I’d be writing this about my own country. Unprecedented doesn’t even come close. Historic would be more accurate.

Greatest control of population since World War Two. Blimey! 😢

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

U.K. declared as close as possible to state control at 20.30 GMT on Monday 23 March 2020 by PM Boris Johnson.

Personal freedoms now highly restricted. Never thought I’d be writing this about my own country. Unprecedented doesn’t even come close. Historic would be more accurate.

I'm no big fan of Bojo, but in fairness to him and our Govt, the decision to do this has pretty much been forced on them by the fact that in very large numbers, the UK populace are being stupid and irresponsible in the face of the situation at hand.

Yesterday, I witnessed loads of families out strolling about in the nice weather en masse as though nothing was amiss at all, pushing prams and walking with toddlers. And when there are five or six family members wandering up even a quite wide pavement and they come across some similarly stupid people heading the other way, the notion of social distancing was going right out of the window as these people passed one another. One couple in particular had a child strapped into one of those chest harness carriers which looked to me to be not far off being a new born baby. Would you chance the health of your new born child by going for a completely unnecessary stroll?

The UK Government had not politely suggested that if we felt like it, we might perchance not go out and about for unnecessary reasons; it was a firm request in order to attempt to slow down the potential spread of the Virus, so that the rate of potential infection could be averaged out if possible, in order not to overwhelm the UK's medical facilities. An eminently sensible idea, which all those pillocks were completely ignoring. So now they've had to be more forceful with the thing.

So it's not so much 'state control' as it is 'the controlling of idiotic, entirely selfish people who cannot take responsibility for themselves and others'.

When that stupid couple I saw with their new born kid are sobbing and in a massive queue at A&E because their kid is ill, they'll know exactly who is to blame if they look in a mirror.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Fear not. Here in the US we have been told we can go back to "Life as Usual" in 15 days.

53 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Fear not. Here in the US we have been told we can go back to "Life as Usual" in 15 days.

More like 7 days now.  I am over 50 and starting to feel this age group (of which 99% of deaths occur as mentioned in today's briefing) are going to be expendable to save the economy.  May sound paranoid but that is how it came across.

• Like 1

My data-driven advice to anyone counting on an all-clear in 7-15 days' time is to stand by and see what conditions actually are at that point.

I'll continue to post data, and occasionally field reports, as I come across them.

Alan Ampolsk

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!"
-- Saint-Exupery

Posted (edited)

I know the feeling Greg. I have a few years over you. I'm going to be positive over this illness. Chin-up!!!!   I have family members that are older. Joking around, I'll be found with my left hand on the yoke, right hand on the throttle quadrant, and feet on the pedals in a petrified state. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Paul Deluca
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Chock said:

the UK populace are being stupid and irresponsible in the face of the situation at hand.

Hey Alan

We see the same all over the Western world. In France we have to implement curfews in some cities.

Stupid ? Irresponsible ?  Yes but it is more complicated than that IMHO. Give our  people some slack.

- First, freedom of movement  is a cornerstone of our societies. And rightly so. We are not robots that a master does program to move or not move as he wishes. We absolutely need to respect the quarantine but the anarchistic strain in our population is not entirely a bad sign in general. That's the libertarian in me saying that.

- The politicians who have been in charge everywhere in the West, for the last 15 years, have left our countries in an abysmal state of unpreparedness to a bio-threat. And I don't want even speak of the obvious absurd decisions that they still take nowadays (thinking of the municipal elections in France for instance)  That does not help to build up  confidence in what they decide.  

- Also, I am lucky enough to have a large house amidst a large garden. But I think of the many people/families living in  less than 50 sq. m (500 sq. feet) in city centers. Quarantine is most certainly more difficult to bear for them than for my wife and I. I don't want to even think what will happen when the thermometers will rise to 30°+ C.

So let's relentlessly encourage people to stay home, to respect distancing if they have to go out but let's stop the moral flagellation of our own people.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals -

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It will be interesting to see who gets the first fine.  Its going to be a brave copper who's going to issue it.  And if will be interesting to see which London Borough gets a fine first.  I'll make a prediction of Lewisham or Tower Hamlets. 

• Like 2

v63vq9-5.png

7 hours ago, Chock said:

... in very large numbers, the UK populace are being stupid and irresponsible in the face of the situation at hand...

Compared to the total population they represent a tiny minority but I agree it’s very unwise behaviour. Probably the same people who hoover up all the food they can at supermarkets leaving the rest of us struggling. It doesn’t take many idiots to compromise health and well being.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Compared to the total population they represent a tiny minority but I agree it’s very unwise behaviour. Probably the same people who hoover up all the food they can at supermarkets leaving the rest of us struggling. It doesn’t take many idiots to compromise health and well being.

It's not just there. We in South Africa have just had a lockdown announced to be introduced from Thursday. I went out this morning to get dog food and the car parks at two local stores were almost full with panic shoppers, even though we have been told that shops will stay open and that the supply chain is not compromised.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as P3D home. GTX 1080 8gb.

Posted (edited)

at virgin we are doing cargo only flights to JFK on the a350. 

Whilst parking up a/c in EGHH, EGPF,EGPH,EGCN

Crazy times.

Edited by fluffyflops

v63vq9-5.png

38 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

It's not just there. We in South Africa have just had a lockdown announced to be introduced from Thursday. I went out this morning to get dog food and the car parks at two local stores were almost full with panic shoppers, even though we have been told that shops will stay open and that the supply chain is not compromised.

Common sense seems to fly out of the window at times like this. Hope you can cope okay Ian.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Staying at home is not exactly difficult for me at the moment. I have been working from home for the past four weeks after breaking my hip in a freak accident (running to post a single letter barely 50 yards from my office, and making a right mess of jumping from the road to the pavement).

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Staying at home is not exactly difficult for me at the moment. I have been working from home for the past four weeks after breaking my hip in a freak accident (running to post a single letter barely 50 yards from my office, and making a right mess of jumping from the road to the pavement).

Get well soon Chris.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com