Sign in to follow this  
Guest YukonPete

FSX and CH Yoke assignments

Guest rab

I've been lurking for several years on Avsim, but never posted. So, for my first post, I have a question on FSX. I just got it today, and I have to say, I am VERY impressed. GREAT job ACES. I get around 19-20 FPS with the autogen trees and other tweaks that have been previously posted.Now, on to my question: I have the CH Products USB Yoke and Pedals. In FS9, I was able to set the assignment GEAR-UP to be BUTTON 5, and GEAR-DOWN to be BUTTON 6....this is the lever that looks like a gear and flap lever. In FSX, I can't do that...so, gear down and gear up is the same downward motion on the lever (BUTTON 6)...or if I change it to BUTTON 5, to get my gear down, I have to press up just as I did to get the gear up. Confusing I guess.Anyway, does anyone have a fix/solution for this? I think that this is my only 'complaint' with FSX...doesn't bother me at all flying fixed-gear :)Thanks,Rob

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

I have the same setup as you (I only have the beta so far... anxiously awaiting tuesday morning!) And I've noticed the same thing. It looks like ACES changed a number of the keyboard command assignments.Anyhow, couldn't you use the CHProducts tool to change the button5 and button6 assignments to the flap and gear keystrokes respectively? Should be pretty straightfoward to do.--2002cbr600f4i

I couldn't get the "hat" to work right until I installed the CH Control Panel (4.0). It would only read one setting, then with the control panel, it reads all 8 directions!The strange thing is, that once I ran FSX full demo, FS9 also did the same thing! (on the same computer). Again, and fortunately, the control panel made everything work just fine. This happened on two different computers w/both FS9 and FSX.It amazes me that so few have mentioned this. Perhaps a rare and peculiar problem here, or perhaps so few actually use a yoke.

Hi Rob; Welcome to avsim. I had to check my install of fs9 just to be sure, but I'm wonderinghow you were able to assign 2 switches to the same function? In the assignment section there is only 1 key- G - listed as"Gear up/down. I assigned it to the flat bladed switch nearest theyoke column as that one registers as the same switch regardless of whichway you push it. Just curious:-hmmm

Guest pem227

This was noted in the demo and public beta. Maybe most ch yoke users are just used to it now. :)Phil

Guest JimBrown

Hi Rob,I noticed the same thing. I couldn't find any way to "fix" it within the settings menus, so did a bit of digging behind the scenes.Here's how to enable the gear toggle on the CH USB Yoke to work in both directions.In the same folder as the FSX.CFG file is another folder called "Controls". In that folder should be a file called "Standard.XML". Make a backup of this file, then open this file with a text editor.Scroll down to near the bottom and locate a section that starts with: CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB {B8336590-53D0-11DA-8002-444553540000}In this section, locate the following entry: 4GEAR_TOGGLEYou might notice that the next entry has an index of 6. Index 5 is missing. (The Index numbers relate to the button numbers, but are zero based. Index 4 relates to button 5, Index 5 relates to button 6.)Highlight and copy these lines, and then paste them immediatly after. Then change the Index number to 5. You should now have this: 4GEAR_TOGGLE5GEAR_TOGGLEDon't change anything else.Save the file. Load up FSX and the gear toggle should now work in both directions.Regards,...jim

Guest rab

I looked in my FS9.cfg, and this is what I found:BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_04=GEAR_UPBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_05=GEAR_TOGGLEI didn't do anything special in FS9 to do this; I just hit the flat lever for the GEAR event assignment, and it must have automatically put that in?? That's why, in FSX, I did the same technique for the GEAR assignment and it didn't work.Rob

Guest rab

Thanks all who helped me w/ this 'issue'. I never have used (or would have guessed) to use the CH Control Panel. I was going to install it when I got my Yoke and Pedals several months ago, but FS9 ran perfectly without it, so I never gave it a second thought.I do have to say that if it wasn't for my Dreamfleet 727, I would have FS9 wiped clean from my HD. I really like this FSX.Thanks alot, guys. Rob

Guest davidvoogd

I've always just used one button since FS2002, why waste another button to do the same thing?

>What about>>>4>GEAR_UP>>>5>GEAR_DOWN>>>this worked for me w/ the 1st demo.>>Regards,>J

Guest YukonPete

>Hi Rob;>> Welcome to avsim.>> I had to check my install of fs9 just to be sure, but I'm>wondering>how you were able to assign 2 switches to the same function?>> In the assignment section there is only 1 key- G - listed>as>"Gear up/down. I assigned it to the flat bladed switch nearest>the>yoke column as that one registers as the same switch>regardless of which>way you push it.>> Just curious:-hmmm My Yoke had the able to assign 2 switches to the same function by defult in fs9 but not in FSX

Guest YukonPete

I find your post confusing. Here is a a copy of my .xml for the CH Yoke. Can you repost it with the updated code? Also my CH Pedals activate the brakes when ever I use my rudder. In fs9 I was able to use toe brakes but now using my rudders also does the brakes. Ive tried playing with the null zone etc... but no luck.ThanksPeteCH Flight Sim Yoke USB{F92DF5F0-5A1A-11DB-8002-444553540000}XAxis0AXIS_AILERONS_SET6436YAxis1AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET6436ZAxis2AXIS_THROTTLE_SET1271RyAxis4AXIS_MIXTURE_SET127RzAxis5AXIS_PROPELLER_SET1270BRAKES1KNEEBOARD_VIEW2RUDDER_TRIM_LEFT23RUDDER_TRIM_RIGHT24FLAPS_DECR5FLAPS_INCR6RELEASE_DROPPABLE_OBJECTS7GEAR_TOGGLE8VIEW_MODE_REV9VIEW_MODE10ELEV_TRIM_DN111ELEV_TRIM_UP10PAN_VIEW1

Guest N66FC Raptor

Hi,Use only if you have a registered verion of FSUIPC! Version 4.1 is used in this example. I have CH Flight Yoke but no CH Pedals. In 'Setting - Controls' I made the following changes under the 'Buttons/Keys' "Joystick" assignments.1.) Switch 'Kneeboard' (button 1) with 'Brakes' (button 2) The right 'trigger-finger-button' is now your brakes (repeat slider full right).2.) Removed 'Rudder Trim left' (button 3) and 'Rudder Trim right' (button 4) "Joystick" assignments (remember? no CH Pedals).3.) Set Flaps retract (button 5) and extend (button 6) (no repeat)4.) Remove "Joystick" assignments buttons 7 throught 12FSUIPC "Button + Switches" settings1.) Press CH Yoke button 1 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Kneeboard View"2.) Press CH Yoke button 2 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Brakes" and check "Control to repeat when button pressed"3.) Press CH Yoke button 3 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Rudder Left" and check "Control to repeat when button pressed" and "Control sent when button released" enter "Rudder Center"4.) Press CH Yoke button 4 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Rudder Right" and check "Control to repeat when button pressed" and "Control sent when button released" enter "Rudder Center"5.) Press CH Yoke button 8 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Gear Down"5.) Press CH Yoke button 7 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Gear Up"6.) Press CH Yoke button 9 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Aileron Trim Left" and check "Control to repeat when button pressed"7.) Press CH Yoke button 10 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Aileron Trim Right" and check "Control to repeat when button pressed"8.) Press CH Yoke button 11 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Elev Trim Dn" and check "Control to repeat when button pressed"9.) Press CH Yoke button 12 and "Select for FS control" In "Control sent when button pressed" enter "Elev Trim Up" and check "Control to repeat when button pressed"The only function that I must use the keyboard for is "Rudder Trim Left" and "Rudder Trim Right", till I get the CH Pedals.Here is the settings from I have in the FSUIPC4.ini[buttons]1=R0,1,C65588,02=R0,2,C65688,03=U0,2,C65689,04=R0,3,C65690,05=U0,3,C65689,06=P0,7,C66080,07=P0,6,C66079,08=P0,0,C65876,011=R0,8,C66276,012=P0,9,C66277,013=R0,10,C65607,014=R0,11,C65615,0

Consistency. Push up to pull it up, push down to put it down.I understand what you are saying, but, in working with my customers, most people expect to push the button up to put the gear up and push it down to put it down. I guess it's not easy for everyone to abstract the idea like you have.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg