Sign in to follow this  
charliemcewan

Flysimware Lear 35A

Hello,

Can any one assist me the altitude select feature on my version of the above add on A/C is within the Altimeter instrument on some tutorial videos altitude select is shown on a deferent instruments further to the right in the VC flight instrument panel? Which is the correct unit to select altitude.

Secondly when selecting altitude select function button on the AFCS panel  fluctuates significantly in pitch up and down this is after setting a required altitude on the altimeter, is this a known bug?.

My computer spec is:- P3D V4.5 / Intel (R)Core TM i7-8700KCPU @3.70GHz3.70GHZ / Installed RAM 16GB 15.9 USEABLE /

Graphics Card Nvidia GeForceGTX 1070Ti0.0 (12 Cores)

Win  10 Home / 64 bit

Best Regards any help much appreciated 

Charlie McEwan

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

6 hours ago, charliemcewan said:

the altitude select feature on my version of the above add on A/C is within the Altimeter instrument on some tutorial videos altitude select is shown on a deferent instruments further to the right in the VC flight instrument panel? Which is the correct unit to select altitude.

Secondly when selecting altitude select function button on the AFCS panel  fluctuates significantly in pitch up and down this is after setting a required altitude on the altimeter, is this a known bug?.

The altitude select function in the current Flysimware (and real world) version of the Lear35 is within the altimeter. Older versions of the Lear35 had a separate altitude select gauge -- that is no longer the case.

To climb or descend to an altitude:

1. Set the target altitude in the altitude select window inside the altimeter

2. Put the Lear into the desired climb or descent and TRIM the a/c so it flies almost hands-off. This is very important, the a/c must be in trim with the throttles set for the ALTSEL function to work well. If the a/c is not in trim, the a/c will pitch up and down when you engage the ALTSEL function as outlined below.

3. With the autopilot on, select ALTSEL and then either SPD or V/S on the AFCS panel. It is usually best to use SPD when climbing, and V/S when descending, but that is up to you. The ALTSEL button will say ARM, and then CAP when you get within 300ft of the target altitude.

4. When the a/c reaches the target altitude, the AFCS should switch to ALT mode.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1