Sign in to follow this  
MOD71

MK Studios Keflavik - any good?

Looking for early adopters thoughts on this scenery. Looks nice but an insiders opinion would be great.

Cheers.

Murray Dreyer

Just did my first departure tonight and I'm quite happy with it.  Nice to look at, easy on the frames, integrates well with ORBX.  Only thing I noticed is the AFCAD file had cargo planes at the passenger terminal and some passenger planes scattered around the airport so that could use some work, but otherwise very happy with my purchase.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

+1 on that.  Looks great, just seeing some weird elevation issues inside the airport grounds off to the side of the runway.  Not a deal breaker by any means and just might be a conflict with Orbx.  Disabled all the files as stated in the readme as well.

• Like 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Just did my first departure tonight and I'm quite happy with it.  Nice to look at, easy on the frames, integrates well with ORBX.  Only thing I noticed is the AFCAD file had cargo planes at the passenger terminal and some passenger planes scattered around the airport so that could use some work, but otherwise very happy with my purchase.

Ugh. It's the same problem at Dublin. For whatever reason they didn't specify any cargo stands, so cargo airport aircraft that do not have an airline code designated in the AFCAD, will randomly appear around the airport... But, I'm glad to hear first impressions are overall good. I just wish they would sort out their AFCAD.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

You can be certain that someone will update the AFD file with relevant airline codes and gate/ramp designations.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

You can be certain that someone will update the AFD file with relevant airline codes and gate/ramp designations.

It is not so difficult and I did it several times myself. But this brings me to ask: Are some developers too word not allowed or too lazy to provide good AFD files?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

BlackBox711 did a stream to it last night. It looked very nice. Go watch it on twitch.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks all for your thoughts and insights.

Murray Dreyer

7 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Ugh. It's the same problem at Dublin. For whatever reason they didn't specify any cargo stands, so cargo airport aircraft that do not have an airline code designated in the AFCAD, will randomly appear around the airport... But, I'm glad to hear first impressions are overall good. I just wish they would sort out their AFCAD.

They must of been trained by aerosoft 😉

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

For sure, that’s why the AFCAD is minor to me, the community will step up and fix it though.  I do wish addon creators took more time with that piece...I’ll hold up flytampa as an example of doing it very well.  Especially at airports with complicated runway operations they’ll do multiple AFCADs for different configurations and things just generally run well.

Again, I wouldn’t let that prevent you from buying this airport, it’s great.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Does the base photoscenery extend outside the boundary of the airport? If so, what is the coverage?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

True. Someone will eventually, but I know I have add on airports that no one has ever updated. I can do some thing myself, but it is time consuming. Many times I don't even realize there is an issue until I load up a flight.

I think we let developers off way too easy with this. To me, if the AFCAD isn't fairly accurate, the airport isn't finished and shouldn't be released and that includes the proper airline codes and settings using the standards AIG uses. 

• Upvote 4

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I don't see it as the devs job to code the airlines at the proper gates or cargo spots at all. Not everyone has the same AI, some use proper codes and wingspan and others aren't even close. Many users don't even use ai and just fly online. If you want a better ade/afcad for any airport, do it yourself or wait for someone else to hopefully do it.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

59 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I don't see it as the devs job to code the airlines at the proper gates or cargo spots at all. Not everyone has the same AI, some use proper codes and wingspan and others aren't even close. Many users don't even use ai and just fly online. If you want a better ade/afcad for any airport, do it yourself or wait for someone else to hopefully do it.

They should simply use correct ICAO codes and regulations no matter what ai developer do ...

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

I see what you are saying, but AIG has created standards for all of this. I believe developers should use established standards, and if a user wants something more custom, the user can make the changes. Right now, a lot of developers are basically saying f-it on the AFCADS. I'm just asking for a little more attention to detail. Doing what I'm asking would be an easy task for a talented developer, and after all, since they have to create an AFCAD anyway, might as well do it right from the beginning.

• Upvote 2

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad