Sign in to follow this  
MOD71

MK Studios Keflavik - any good?

Performance around the terminal, at night, is not really up to par. Either they need to tweak the dynamic lights or something else. Getting 16 to 17 frames and this is on a 9900k. Sheesh.......

• Like 1

Eric 

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

Performance around the terminal, at night, is not really up to par. Either they need to tweak the dynamic lights or something else. Getting 16 to 17 frames and this is on a 9900k. Sheesh.......

Me to I find it quite bad to be fair I am on a 9900k as well I am getting more frames than that but the stutters are killing me 

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

If you get a chance email them at support please otherwise they won’t do nothing about it 👍👍

On 3/14/2020 at 3:50 AM, Benjamin J said:

Ugh. It's the same problem at Dublin. For whatever reason they didn't specify any cargo stands, so cargo airport aircraft that do not have an airline code designated in the AFCAD, will randomly appear around the airport... But, I'm glad to hear first impressions are overall good. I just wish they would sort out their AFCAD.

Parking bays 71 to 75 are mainly used by cargo on the East Apron.

• Like 1

Is anyone able to post a top down screenshot showing the photoreal coverage area?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Another update released by dev. Got an email from Simmarket. Notes below.

Version 1.02

- Installer improvements,
- Night dynamic lightning redone,
- Night dynamic lightning options added,
- Lamp effects visibility fix,
- SODE Windsocks wind reaction fixed,
- Added labels to stands on apron east,
- Added fence near buildings on apron east,
- Added missing windsock on apron east,
- Added new runway exit lights (according to real world airport changes),
- Added stop bars for RWY 19, RWY 28 and TWY S/RWY01 intersection,
- H/P labels for RWY 19 fixed,
- BIKF afcad cargo stands added,
- BIAR afcad stands positions adjusted,
- BIAR ILS adjustments,
- BIAR moved static GA planes to leave more space on the apron.

Eric 

Thanks, they sure are pumping out some pretty significant updates quickly!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have downloaded BIKF yesterday from SimMarket. It took very long (nowadays the Internet speed tends to be very low...). The problem was that, when unzipping the file, my Antivirus (McAfee) detected  a virus in the file Installer_SODE_v1.6.6.msc. I tried to download the file again from a different server but the result was exactly the same. Has anyone had this experience? Is the file safe? I have posted the problem in the MKStudios site but did not get an answer yet.

Regards,

Domingos

Has anyone got mesh issues with this? Checked all ORBX-related stuff in vector but so far I still go through the ramp.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:56 PM, dnunes said:

[...]
The problem was that, when unzipping the file, my Antivirus (McAfee) detected  a virus in the file Installer_SODE_v1.6.6.msc. I tried to download the file again from a different server but the result was exactly the same. Has anyone had this experience? Is the file safe?

I had the same problem. I think it is a false positive for a virus, but don't want to take any chances.
Deleted the SODE installer file from the BIKF zip folder and went to the SODE website to download v1.6.6 instead.

1 hour ago, LH340fan said:

Has anyone got mesh issues with this? Checked all ORBX-related stuff in vector but so far I still go through the ramp.

No mesh issues for me.
Running Orbx OLC Europe, Pilot's FS Global Next Gen mesh, Vector AEC turned off and appropriate Orbx files turned off.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

21 hours ago, F737NG said:

I had the same problem. I think it is a false positive for a virus, but don't want to take any chances.
Deleted the SODE installer file from the BIKF zip folder and went to the SODE website to download v1.6.6 instead.

No mesh issues for me.
Running Orbx OLC Europe, Pilot's FS Global Next Gen mesh, Vector AEC turned off and appropriate Orbx files turned off.

SO weird. I turned AEC off, and didn't find any problematic files through my folders.

Are there any top down screenshots showing the blend between the photoreal scenery coverage and the ORBx Iceland demo? In a perfect world, I would prefer to have photoscenery of Iceland (at least the south western section that covers Reykjavik and the surrounding areas out to Keflavik), but I am guessing that none exists? I have the same problem with the Faroe Islands, which means that I am not able to purchase the MK Studios Vagar airport. I just can't deal with bland generic or low resolution scenery around detailed airports :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Are there any top down screenshots showing the blend between the photoreal scenery coverage and the ORBx Iceland demo? In a perfect world, I would prefer to have photoscenery of Iceland (at least the south western section that covers Reykjavik and the surrounding areas out to Keflavik), but I am guessing that none exists? I have the same problem with the Faroe Islands, which means that I am not able to purchase the MK Studios Vagar airport. I just can't deal with bland generic or low resolution scenery around detailed airports

I doubt any quality photo scenery exists given the northern latitude that both Iceland and Faroe Is. are located.

Using OLC Europe and Vector, so it's the same as the Orbx Iceland demo.
Here are some screenshots - make of them what you will:

https://imgur.com/MraFjzi
https://imgur.com/QBRxylP
https://imgur.com/Bh5zOTD
https://imgur.com/b1QiQtf

Personally (and as I described here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/571592-mk-studios-keflavik-any-good/?do=findComment&comment=4194283), I think MKS cheaped out a little - south of the ortho tile should definitely have photo scenery coverage as well. Though, who knows how much the source data at commercial rates cost?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Stop asking questions - go and grab it. Constantly flying in and out of BIKF since day 1, and cannot stop doing it. 

In fact, as FlyTampa and Flighbeam went into hiding, MK Studio is becoming new industry standard for scenery products. EIDW, LPPT and BIKF are just gorgeous. Cannot wait for EFHK if it's ever will be made.  

• Upvote 1