Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Cessna C185Fs

Remember them? I rediscovered the Skywagon and for the want of something better to do, did a few paints of it.

This one:

This one:

And this one:

An interesting REPORT  on N5964.

I've made correct models (as far as I can) plus Tundra tyred  mods. Get them  HER if you've a mind to.

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Very nice... but in my case, I had to add a texture.cfg file to get the tires...

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\Texture

Bert

Paints look great Ron - going in now. Nice job and thank-you sir.

Norm

Edited by nbrich1

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Very nice... but in my case, I had to add a texture.cfg file to get the tires...

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\Texture

Odd. I have no texture.cfg in any of my paints including the defaults. Tyres all present and correct.. :unsure:

Just had a look and the tyres are part of Care185FFuse_A.dds

Edited by Ron Attwood

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Thanks, Ron. Lovely paints with a tiny bit extra for a couple of the interiors. (I am using the tundra version, rather than the wheeled version, and as with Bert, I needed the "stock" texture.cfg file to get the tundra tires to show properly.)

Thanks for the piece by Budd Davisson on Tom Rabourn's modifications for N5964. Nice additions.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Puzzle--ing! Which Tundra paints did you download? Are your 185s P3D versions or ported over from FSX?

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Odd. I have no texture.cfg in any of my paints including the defaults. Tyres all present and correct.. :unsure:

Just had a look and the tyres are part of Care185FFuse_A.dds

It may depend on which version of the C185 you have installed.

I bought the $15 Tundra Special version..

Bert

Mmm. Don't see a Tundra Special. I've got the only ones shown on the website. The C185F Skywagon and the C185F Skywagon Bush, which includes Tundra, Floats, Amphib and Skis..

word not allowed me. You're right. Good old Carenado threw a curve ball. The tundra tyres are lumped together with the Skis, Floats, amphibian stuff in a separate texture. Who'd a guessed?

Anyway, I've rectified the problem and they are now as they should be. 🙏

• Like 1

If you're ever in New Zealand you may like to take a ride in this one:

fma1.jpg

In 2006 it suffered an ungainly landing and was damaged quite severely. But they dusted her off, gave her a new paint job and set her back to work.

Available from the same folder on Mediafire

On 3/14/2020 at 11:27 PM, Ron Attwood said:

word not allowed me. You're right.

That looks 10 times worse than the word I did use. One on the lower end of the cussing scale.

Is that an over grown, heavily modified, big honkin' pregnant guppy of the 185 tundra class ? Wow!  Great job. 'Got to get me one of those! Thanks Ron.

Edited by nbrich1

Here's another Canuck:

It really does come in two flavours..

gyjv1.jpg

and..

gyjv2.jpg

Available from the Mediafire link above or AVSIM Library.

I forgot. Before my inbox is filled with 'You forgot the Cessna 185 on the wing tips' emails, We can thank the good folks at Carenado for making 'one wing fits all' except that the other wing shows the text upside down and word not allowed about face. So it was best to leave it off.

Looks really nice... and for us "Tundra Bush" pilots, adding the texture.cfg file makes it work.. with the added distinction of one blue and one white wing tip..

If it were a pet dog, I would name it "Spot" :happy:

Bert