Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Cessna C185Fs

The texure.cfg isn't needed. All the relevant files are in the folders. 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Darned Carenado. On the C185 ordinaire one wingtip does all wingtips. You would think that simple transferring them to the BUSH version the same would apply. A big fat NO!

HERE are the replacement files. Let them overwrite the originals in the C-GYJV Float folder.

Oh and you do not need the texture.cfg.

Beautiful paints, but it seems I'm too stupid to put them in. None of them (fresh downloads) can be used. Thy show up in the list of aircraft, but without a preview. When selecting them an error message appears "failed to start up the flight model C185F SKYWAGON TUNDRA C-GPAF". 

The stock liveries work fine.

I'm lost on that.....

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Are you using a different FDE. Make sure the sim= is the same as the rest of them i.e. sim=185_tundra or maybe sim=Carenado_C185 (as per the Readme)

Edited by Ron Attwood
typo

That was it, thanks Ron. I have Carenado_C185. Do I have the wrong FDE installed?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

That's the default FDE. Bernt Stolle has a better one. I'll send it to you. Off for a walk now. Hopefully we can dodge the police patrols.

Thanks Ron! We are encouraged to walk...no police around here anyway.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Since its very inception (FSX+) the C185 has been nothing but a complete mess, incomplete updates, aircraft.cfg title renaming, air file renaming, texture renaming (just once) and so on.
My tundra & amphib have been fixed to a point they load in the sim with all paints available. Some of the other models are still broken and need a fine toothed comb.
The following are all relative to the original 185 release for FSX -

Adding any paint requires complete scrutiny regarding the aircraft.cfg entries, and the thumbnail.. 
Repaints came out at various times of the 185 service pack lifetime and can cause increased blood pressure due to not loading in the sim.

Also re: Carenado..Why on earth would one put all the thumbs in the main aircraft folder and call them via the cfg? -
To find a paint with your eyes, windows search = Thumbnail.jpg, look at pictures finding the one you want, right click - open containing folder.. done. With the alternate way with all the thumbs in the main aircraft folder it is impossible.

9 out a 10 doctors agree that 3 in 5 185 users will pull their hair out!

It is a fine aircraft once all sorted.
RANT OVER ))

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

29 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

Adding any paint requires complete scrutiny regarding the aircraft.cfg entries, and the thumbnail.. 

Ah, the thumbnail. I'm so P3D orientated that I completely forgotten all about thumbnails as P3D doesn't use them. Sorreeee.

• Like 2