Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Info on P2ATC

Hello, I am a current ProATC/X user. I have been using that program for about a year now and it’s a nice ATC program for what it’s worth. Recently I heard the news that updates for it have gone cold with no info from the developer and he hasn’t been in contact with any of the moderators on the forums over there. This has prompted me to start looking for another ATC program that I know will still be active with updates for the foreseeable future. One thing I loved about the default ATC was VFR flying which I truly miss and ProATC doesn’t have it at all... I hear this program has VFR? Also before I purchase I want to know if this program requires you to speak to it or can it be set up like the default ATC where you can just press numbers to communicate. That’s a big one for me because I don’t really like the whole talking features I’d rather do without. Thanks  

It does support VFR flights.

You can operate without speaking, but it's not just pushing numbers.  There is a function that lets you select phrases and have the copilot speak them.  On a typical flight, the copilot can handle most of the comms without any action on your part, except for  those requests and reports that require you to decide when to do them.  For example, 

• Call for clearance
  • Request for pushback/engine start for airliners
  • Taxi Request
  • Ready for Departure

Then during flight, the copilot can respond to all the calls from ATC, or, of course you can.

After landing, you initiate calls for

• Clear of Active
  • Request Taxi to the Gate/Ramp

Be sure and give it a try with the 10 day free trial before you buy to be sure it works for you.  The trial is 100% the same as the full program function-wise.  

Dave

On 3/14/2020 at 7:12 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

It does support VFR flights.

You can operate without speaking, but it's not just pushing numbers.  There is a function that lets you select phrases and have the copilot speak them.  On a typical flight, the copilot can handle most of the comms without any action on your part, except for  those requests and reports that require you to decide when to do them.  For example, 

• Call for clearance
  • Request for pushback/engine start for airliners
  • Taxi Request
  • Ready for Departure

Then during flight, the copilot can respond to all the calls from ATC, or, of course you can.

After landing, you initiate calls for

• Clear of Active
  • Request Taxi to the Gate/Ramp

Be sure and give it a try with the 10 day free trial before you buy to be sure it works for you.  The trial is 100% the same as the full program function-wise.  

Dave

I was about to start my own thread, but some info here is relevant to my questions.

I'm a long time P3D v4 user that has discovered some joy in X-Plane 11. I'm looking to improve the ATC & AI traffic in XP11 and I'm hoping to take it to the next level. With P3D v4 all I always do is press buttons and I'm totally mesmerized by the beautiful AIG models, default ATC, & AI interactions.

I'm ready to start learning how to interact with ATC using your amazing P2A plugin and to choose an AI program that is fully compatible. I've already made my 1st mistake by buying JF Traffic Global. I don't want to waste money on add-ons that do not help me reach my objective. I want an ATC/AI system in XPl11 that rivals the one I experience every time I load P3D v4. I also want to use my voice to interact with ATC or use the keyboard and let the co-pilot take over.

So far my research says I need your Pilot2ATC & WorldTraffic3 AI add-on. Both thankfully offer a trial. Please bestow any wisdom you can share.

No more mistakes!

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Jose.

You might want to try P2A with Traffic Global before you abandon it.  Not sure what you didn't like about it.  The latest version makes its traffic visible to P2A, so the level of interaction is about the same as with other traffic engines.

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Hi Jose.

You might want to try P2A with Traffic Global before you abandon it.  Not sure what you didn't like about it.  The latest version makes its traffic visible to P2A, so the level of interaction is about the same as with other traffic engines.

Dave

Hi Dave,

That's great news. I had no idea that they were compatible.

I'll continue to learn the steps and try your demo with TG.

Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.