Sign in to follow this  
raffaele

About PC Specs and A320 FSLabs.

Hi everybody.

I do really wish to buy the A320-X FSLabs. However, I am wondering if this beautiful aircraft can work on mu "old" PC-

My PC is a Intel I5-4570 CPU @3,20Ghz 3,20Ghz, 16Gb RAM, graphic card is a NVidia GeForce GTX 760 

I normally use Prepar3d 4.5 with Active Sky, FS Global ORBx, Chaseplane, and so on….

I also use PMDG aircraft, Aerosft, Maddog….. as my favorite. 

Everything is good with those …. so my question is: What if buy FSLabs. Does it work enough fine on my Computer.

Thank you very much for your help.

Raffaele Radice.

39 minutes ago, raffaele said:

Hi everybody.

I do really wish to buy the A320-X FSLabs. However, I am wondering if this beautiful aircraft can work on mu "old" PC-

My PC is a Intel I5-4570 CPU @3,20Ghz 3,20Ghz, 16Gb RAM, graphic card is a NVidia GeForce GTX 760 

I normally use Prepar3d 4.5 with Active Sky, FS Global ORBx, Chaseplane, and so on….

I also use PMDG aircraft, Aerosft, Maddog….. as my favorite. 

Everything is good with those …. so my question is: What if buy FSLabs. Does it work enough fine on my Computer.

Thank you very much for your help.

Raffaele Radice.

Its hard to say as your CPU is slow, normaly 4.5 is around the good mark for P3D. 

But you say you can run PMDG's

The FSL runs at the same FPS as the PMDG NGu for me for a like to like. The FSL is a hard hitting addon aircraft but I have no idea of what you think is OK FPS. 

But your system seems low with your CPU and GTX 760. You could also ask over at the FSL forums to see if anyone over there as a spec like your.

The only good thing you have is 16GB of RAM as that is really needed with the FSL.

Answer is I dont know unless you run the PMDG NGu then it will run the same as that addon.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thank you for your reply.

I do not have PMDG NGXu version… I fly with PMDG 737 NGX, to be honest. 

Anyway, I am Ok with 15-25 FPS; I mean I can fly well even id I well understand I should upgrade my PC for better perfomance.

Raffaele.

What FPS do you get with the NGX? on the ground at a add on airport.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It'll be fine. It won't be getting massive FPS, but it will work okay I'm sure.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, raffaele said:

An average between 15 and 20 FPS.

Raffaele

I dont think you should buy the best aircraft i have ever come across simply because you should proberly see 10-15fps with that setup calculated by your NGX fps. 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

12 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I dont think you should buy the best aircraft i have ever come across simply because you should proberly see 10-15fps with that setup calculated by your NGX fps. 

Michael Moe 

So you recommend me to buy it even if I could have 10-15fps; I mean, I don't care (for the moment) to have the best FSP ever, the important thing is that the Aircraft (FSLabs) works...

Raffaele.

17 minutes ago, raffaele said:

So you recommend me to buy it even if I could have 10-15fps; I mean, I don't care (for the moment) to have the best FSP ever, the important thing is that the Aircraft (FSLabs) works...

Raffaele.

No i wrote dont because of the impact you will get 

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

19 minutes ago, raffaele said:

Raffaele.

Your system won't manage it. I don't remember the minimal specs as published by FSlabs but either way, its performance hit is significantly greater than that of the Leonardo maddog or the old NGX for that matter.

I got… Well, as long as I have this PC, I will have to do without buying this plane-

Thank you for your help

Raffaele

Have a look at my specs. I run both the 320 and 321. ASP4 and REXSF3D. Mostly fly from / to payware sceneries. At heavy airports like EGLL or KJFK frames vary between 15 and 28 depending on weather (clouds). At lighter airports I see frames between 24 and 34 and whilst in the air and inside the flight deck they can vary between 28 and 40-odd again depending on weather.

My settings are not particularly conservative although depending on where I am flying to or from and whether or not I have dedicated or photoscenery applied to those areas my autogen setting vary between None and Low. No road traffic. Minimal airport vehicles. Cloud layers in ASP4 = 5.

Even at lower frame rates the most interesting thing I see while flying/taxiing the bus is the smoothness of the sim; and that is more important to me than frames.

Cheers!

Edited by speedyTC

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

16 hours ago, speedyTC said:

Have a look at my specs. I run both the 320 and 321. ASP4 and REXSF3D. Mostly fly from / to payware sceneries. At heavy airports like EGLL or KJFK frames vary between 15 and 28 depending on weather (clouds). At lighter airports I see frames between 24 and 34 and whilst in the air and inside the flight deck they can vary between 28 and 40-odd again depending on weather.

My settings are not particularly conservative although depending on where I am flying to or from and whether or not I have dedicated or photoscenery applied to those areas my autogen setting vary between None and Low. No road traffic. Minimal airport vehicles. Cloud layers in ASP4 = 5.

Even at lower frame rates the most interesting thing I see while flying/taxiing the bus is the smoothness of the sim; and that is more important to me than frames.

Cheers!

It sounds OK… so you can use the aircraft. 

I am completely agree with you because I do not care to have massive FPS,

Do you think I could buy it?

Raffaele

As long as you know you will have low FPS, its your call. There forums are very active so you always can also get help there.

David,

Even the best intentions won't speed up his 3.2 GHz cpu. What help can they offer? I predict that his specs could yield single digit frames or low teen as best case scenario.

I think very highly of the FSL bus, but its an expensive and demanding addon and realistically the OP might very well be in for a bitter disappointment.