Sign in to follow this  
robschofield

[Resolved] Ai Aircraft not read

SImbol

Noticed the JAI P-3's looking odd in my simulator. AIRLP does nothing with these Aircraft.cfg 's even though no skip.txt is present, and there is no [FSREBORN_LIGHTS_CTRL] section.

Appears to have the basic SDK stuff in the aircraft.cfg file so wondering whether it is ignoring the models?

Regards

Rob

47 minutes ago, robschofield said:

SImbol

Noticed the JAI P-3's looking odd in my simulator. AIRLP does nothing with these Aircraft.cfg 's even though no skip.txt is present, and there is no [FSREBORN_LIGHTS_CTRL] section.

Appears to have the basic SDK stuff in the aircraft.cfg file so wondering whether it is ignoring the models?

Regards

Rob

Category?  Does it has it correct?  

How you install them? Via XML method? Are they marked as active inside P3D?

Do they have a light section? Maybe their lights are via the. MDL? In wich case you confirmed they don't show in any AILRP reports?

regards,

Simbol 

Simbol

They have a lights section, correctly ordered and have checked the model with MCX - no light attachments therein.

Just installed in the main Simobjects directory.

Has a fuel section in .cfg, but no center1 section, but many other aircraft work fine without the Center1 tank.

Regards

Rob

43 minutes ago, robschofield said:

Just installed in the main Simobjects directory.

This is why. AI lights reborn will always ignore this folder as it has a combination of AI models and flyable user aircraft.

AI models and flyable user aircraft are very difficult to distinguish, and in order to avoid the risk of confusion, P3D default simobject folder is always ignored.

This is one of the many safety measures to avoid always damaging anything for your simulator.

Regards,

Simbol 

Its in my dedicated AI planes directory (sub-folder under Simobjects) with around 1400 other models which do work with AIRLP!

I have just a few models left where just the landing lights wont work and these two that seem to get ignored.

Regards

Rob

1 hour ago, robschofield said:

Its in my dedicated AI planes directory (sub-folder under Simobjects) with around 1400 other models which do work with AIRLP!

I have just a few models left where just the landing lights wont work and these two that seem to get ignored.

Regards

Rob

Ah I see. Got confused by your previous post.

Landing lights need to be installed in accordance with the SDK, maybe that is why.

Send me these to models via email so I can inspect why they are ignored.

Regards,

Simbol 

Simbol

Thanks for your help - sorted it by deduction.

AIRLP appears not to process an aircraft folder if it has a "panel" folder in it. Removed these and the folders have now been processed.

Regards

Rob

20 minutes ago, robschofield said:

Simbol

Thanks for your help - sorted it by deduction.

AIRLP appears not to process an aircraft folder if it has a "panel" folder in it. Removed these and the folders have now been processed.

Regards

Rob

Ah perfect!. 

Panels are only installed on flyable airplanes, so if I find a panel folder I assume it is not an AI model and skip it. the only exception is with JustFlight Traffic 360 and Traffic global as they always come with a panel, but since I found out a unique way to identify their models then I could take this rule out of the question.

Regards,

Simbol