Sign in to follow this  
Kumasan

[Beginner] Throttle issue using X56 Hotas with Aerosoft A320

Hi verybody,

First post on the forum and back to simming after a wooping 10 years hiatus ! Super excited to join the community !

As the title says, I have an issue with my newly delivered Logitech(/Saitek) X56 hotas. Bear in mind I'm basically a newbie here.

I am using Aerosoft's A320 family (professional version) in conjunction with the X56. Basically, my problem is that when my throttles are in the idle position (far back) after having use them, the throttle in the cockpit are somewhere near 25% N1. The only way for me to reduce power is to press F2 and/or F1, which kinda goes against the whole point of using a throttle. I have pretty much no joystck mapping notions, so if anyone encountered a similar issue, I would greatly appreciate your precious assistance!

59 minutes ago, Kumasan said:

As the title says, I have an issue with my newly delivered Logitech(/Saitek) X56 hotas. Bear in mind I'm basically a newbie here.

After using X52 for years I finally got delivery of X56....Downloaded all Drivers, hooked up and..... First issue I had was that all was reversed so I had to play with settings....Took me a while to figure how this things work until I realized that they work separately...and that you have to set (in P3D) everything separately for stick and for throttle....

I think you have a issue with curves and you can find that in the settings (X56). It took me some time but it works. Remind you, I am not using AS320 I am on FSL but it should be same basic settings. Only thing I can't figure are button assignment, lights for example. Not sure how to map it....I did so on 737 and 777 but can't make it work on this plane....

Alex 

Dear Kumasan,

Experienced the same issue with the Aerosoft Airbus and the X56. All I had to do in P3D (v3) to solve this (via Options, Controls, Controller type: Rhino Throttle, Throttle axis) is to change the sensitivity to max (127) and null zone to min (1).

Kind regards, Dirk

Thank you all so much for your diligent answers gentlemen! I shall apply your recommendations !

Your recommandations worked perfectly, I'm very grateful for that.

I am now trying to sort the X axis issue whereby when I put my stick to the left it works fine but when I try to the right, it is already somewhere like 10° right by default. I tried to tweak the settings in the Logitech software but couldn't find a way to sort it. Any ideas fellow?