Sign in to follow this  
PebbleBeach

KABQ2020 Edition Status Update

Yes we are continuing on. Bet your world we are.

Perhaps at a faster rate than we normally would for a payware quality release. Given the recent global pandemic, many of us are forced to work at home. And our beloved hobby is all the better for it. I pray that everyone is safe. Please look out for your parents as this seems to be a stronger strain for the elderly. The rest of us will weather through this just fine.

Back on topic: David and I have been busy working on Albuquerque International. Understand with these payware quality releases like KJAX2019, things tend to crawl at a snails pace as we become very anal over the minute things. That's a good thing.Detail is everything.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with everyone a quick screenie KABQ Development.

Mitch

Edited by PebbleBeach
  • Like 2

Fellow FS9'ers,

Received a great email from my modeler David today. First let me remind you that KJAX2019 Edition would never have been possible without David. I'm merely a texture freak so to speak.

So David emails me today and indicates he has taken the "wrecking ball" to 1/2 of the original KABQ scenery as things just were not meshing up for us. Buildings improperly sized, etc. In addition, way too many buildings using the same textures. Repetitive texturing really diminishes the overall belief that your actually at the airport. I'm confident you all know what I mean. And please understand this is in no way a slap in the face to the original authors. For God's sake many of the tools we're using today were not available back when these original packages were released. Those who came before us were the pioneers and I for one am very thankful for they're contributions. They laid the ground work.

That said, I am posting a couple of update screenies which will give you an idea where we are heading with this. This perhaps may surpass the quality of our KJAX2019 Edition scenery. The original KABQ package used merely a couple of textures to repeatedly cover the entire airport. We are mapping the entire airport in effect so everything is different. In addition to that, David is adding all of the "2nd" level structures which were never present in the original release. All of the rooftops are individually mapped permitting realistic texturing. We have even added the solar panels (3D) found above the parking garage as well as the roadways leading to the airport. And yes, the entry concourse will be textures as well. 

I'm very excited that David has come on board and I promise I will keep everyone in the loop as this project continues.

Wrecking Ball Arrives
Reconstruction Begins

Mitch

• Like 1