Sign in to follow this  
rlaycock

chase plane will no longer start

Hi I can no longer start chase plane

I have moved my license  to the ORBX thing, every thing has been working fine since then until tonight

Now when I try and start chase plane is goes through the starting phase but then shuts is self down, before I can start P3d V4.5. 

It was working fine on the weekend, nothing has changed on my PC as the PC is not connected to the internet so no updates etc have been installed etc.

It simply will not run any longer than a few seconds

Please advise as this has effectively made my install of P3D useless as my view is now sitting in the back seat of the cockpit.

Best wishes

Bob

I have same problem, after transfer to ORBX.

I reinstalled VFX central from oldprop and now I can use chaseplane

Same issue here...now not running

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Make sure you're on v1.1.72, no problems here.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Yep, that was the issue, many thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I updated mine yesterday and exe was quarantined. Had to add an exception for that in addition to the bridge.

Hi Sierra Delta

How do you get this version v1.1.72 ?

In ORBX I can only get version 1.1.69

Hi, using 1.1.72 fine until yesterday.
Now same problem here!

Giorgio Goggi

More about my previous post:
1- I migrated weeks ago, all has been working well,
2- the issue happened after a Win10 update today,
3- using a camera to shoot (quickly!) a picture of the address displayed by CP during loading (shown with the mouse pointer on the small rotating circle, top right of the CP window menu) I could read, on two different attempts, the following messages:

Processing C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\P3D4\SimObjects\Misc\ ...
and
Processing C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\P3D4\SimObjects\Weapons\...

Hope it helps

Giorgio Goggi

But why does it need updating when nothing on my system has changed or in fact can change as my PC is not commented to the internet so therefore nothing can be updated or changed.

It is almost as though this software will only work for a set period\d of time then requires re activating or updating which in my case is a major problem

Can someone from // 42 please explain.

Yes, indeed. I found this to be very strange too...payed for software with a time bomb in it.

i bought it before we wer forced beyond our will to use Central.

i refuse to use central due to the whole PayPal ignorance.

so, now what?

Luke Pype

22 hours ago, rlaycock said:

Can someone from // 42 please explain.

You'd be better off asking that question at the //42 support forum: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/293-chaseplane-support/.

This forum here on AVSIM should only deal with the former OldProp version.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw that you already did!

Edited by SierraDelta

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hi

Yes I already have asked the question at the ORBX support forum.

However it has not been answered, along with other similar questions.

I have also raised a support ticket.  The  response was to update to the latest version, which although it worked is not a acceptable long term solution for me if the software is going to need this ongoing due to the fact that my flight sim computer is not connected to the internet.

Hi all

I received an answer from my support ticket.

Kevin did confirm that  "ChasePlane/Orbx does check for licenses and requires a connection to the server every once in a while"

For me this is a significant problem over the next month because"

• New Zealand is in lock down for a month, due to COVID – 19

• Due to the lock down I do not have the ability to purchase hardware (switches modems or wireless adapters) to enable my flight sim PC to connect to the internet.

• If chase plane requires this connection it will prevent me from using P3D, as when chase plane does not work my views are completely wrong.

• If this had been known before I could have prepared by buying some hardware.

• I don't believe it is ORBX as I have had ORBX products for close to 10 years and never had this issue

Please note

I believe Chase Plane is excellent therefore I do not want to lose the ability to use it. However if it requires a connection in the next month does anyone know how to get my old views back.  Also this will be a issue as I have changed my control set up to suite chase plane.

Best wishes

Bob