Sign in to follow this  
Wink22

X-Plane 11 GTN 750 Virus Detected

I tried to purchase the GTN 750 and download into my brand new X-Plane 11 software, and brand new computer.  I received a "security risk" message that read......Virus Detected, Download Deleted.  Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I proceed from here?  I tried purchasing the product 3 times with the same result.  Thanks!

I certainly trust your product and have used it on 2 other computer systems. I know it's just a "false positive."  The problem, however, is that my new system is not allowing me to "override" the deletion and open the download anyway.  Any ideas on how to proceed with the download by bypassing my security scan/deletion?

Well, without knowing which programs tells you it is a virus, it would be hard to make any recommendation isn't it?

Usually you'd find 'white list' or 'exclusion' settings in your AV product manual.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

As a customer, I'm just trying to purchase your product.  So, I don't understand the condescending response. I have no idea what an "AV" product manual is, nor do I know what the 'white list' or 'exclusion' comment means. If you can respond as though I know nothing about computers, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I will move on to other products.

I just tried again, and it is Windows Defender that is giving me the message.

Alert Level: Severe

Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl

Category: Trojan

"This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker"

I have no problem allowing the override, I just need to have assurance that it's ok to do so.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:37 AM, Wink22 said:

I received a "security risk" message that read......Virus Detected, Download Deleted.  Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I proceed from here? 

32 minutes ago, Wink22 said:

So, I don't understand the condescending response. I have no idea what an "AV" product manual is, nor do I know what the 'white list' or 'exclusion' comment means

Please re-read your question and my answer prior jumping to wrong conclusions:

1. You 'received': what program is sending/displaying this?
  2. How I proceed from here?: well this depends obviously on point 1 above.
  3. Hence my suggestion: without knowing which programs tells you it is a virus, it would be hard to make any recommendation isn't it?

Now if:

The AV (Anti Virus) program is displaying this message (this answers point 1)

Then:

You'd find 'white list' or 'exclusion' settings in your AV product manual (I believe any anti-virus program has a user's manual or online doc).

In this case, you'd find these mentions in the manual ('white list' and/or 'exclusion'). You might want to start searching for these keywords?

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

23 minutes ago, Wink22 said:

it is Windows Defender that is giving me the message.

This answers points 1,2 and 3 above.

26 minutes ago, Wink22 said:

I have no problem allowing the override, I just need to have assurance that it's ok to do so.

I'd suggest you read the link post below.

It explains what is happening and what assurance level you can expect (excerpt):

You can never be sure it wouldn't be contaminated on your drive, neither would we.

However, our development systems are kept separate from our business systems, and only connect to the internet to limited number of websites, and the only software installed and running is development related from known vendors only.

Edited by RXP