Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How many of you are going to ditch P3D/X-Plane for MSFS2020?

6 hours ago, Erv Moore said:

LOL Will I expect all the pretty stuff they have been pumping out, no.

Have you not seen the screenshots from alpha testers? Do you have a very weak PC perhaps?

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

14 hours ago, W2DR said:

Not me. I'm more into procedures and flight dynamics than eye candy...........

Ditto

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

1 hour ago, CarlosF said:

I have not seen anyone from MS in all of the videos shown by Asobo. Come one "Microsoft Hype Syrup", really???? Are you saying all the videos made by Asobo and the info posted by MS with the intention of keeping us all in the loop regarding development stages is all just "Hype Syrup" as you call it? 

That is just rude and in some way insulting too.

Yes of course they are "Hype Syrup" that's what marketing is, cherry picked, best bits to get us all hyped up. Clearly it's working but as I said in the rest of my post, I will use MSFS for several months before deciding for myself whether the hype was worth it. 

Rude and insulting? To whom? The people at Asobo who are making these videos have a clear brief to show us only the best. We don't see any of the warts, yet we know from the very occasional leak that there are plenty. Who knows what will and won't be ironed out before release.

I cannot fathom how my comments could be construed as rude and insulting to anyone outside of Asobo either, I was merely using flowery prose to describe what we are being given, not a personal attack on anyone.  Seems a shame that if anyone dares to question Microsoft, they get shot down as rude. Personally I think I am being a realist not rude and I have used MSFS since the first years on an original IBM PC in 1985. If I have learned anything from Microsoft and flight sim in general, it is to manage my expectations. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

3 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

Seems a shame that if anyone dares to question Microsoft, they get shot down as rude

World we live in mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

Sadly true. Yet in the world we currently live in, there are much more important things to worry about than an upcoming "game" 

Agree, but it sure is a nice distraction from my real worries.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

14 hours ago, W2DR said:

Not me. I'm more into procedures and flight dynamics than eye candy...........

I am a mostly VFR flyer and appreciate good visuals. But I fully understand there are others, and perhaps even more, with an emphasis on procedures. 

That's all fine, but I keep repeating: On the root of success of a flightsim is its ability to accommodate both parties. There are examples of excellent procedure trainers as well as visually only convincing sims, and neither of them has been nearly able to approach the mass market.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, Bottle said:

This could be the very definition of "availability bias".

I am not bias toward anything in this matter, I'm just pointing out something which most of us know is true.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This thread should have stopped after the original post, as that post says all that needs to be said. Despite people saying that they will keep using the legacy sims, it's really a question of money. It's way too expensive to do so, not to mention the amount of time it takes to maintain dozens of complex add-ons. I've already stopped using XP11 and I will continue to use P3d4 until MSFS is out in release form.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nickhod said:

Plus, I'd hate to see the flight sim space become a monopoly.

100% agree, I prefer the choice and I like the small teams behind XP and AF2. I would feel uneasy if there was only one sim on the market that could be cancelled at any time, leaving us in a situation with a dead FSX again. However, I'm feeling positive MSFS won't just be a project that is cancelled after 2 years and will be around to stay.

My prediction is that it'll hit the P3D user-base the hardest, but it won't be immediate as people will continue to want to use their addons, and after the honeymoon period is over, some will hover around waiting till they are available using both sims. XP will also be hit hard and may go back to the more niche user-base it had for v10, whilst its mobile platform will continue to grow. iPacs will, in my view, retain the same user-base it already has. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Chock said:

In approximately five years' time when it has enough detailed add-ons to match what FSX and P3D can do, then I might delete all my stuff for those, and go with the new sim (which actually won't be new at all by that point will it?) but until then, it'll be nice to have a flashy new sim. However, if you think it will match your souped-up P3D in every respect on day one of its release, then all I can say is you are in for a big disappointment, albeit a nice looking one.

Everyone is in the honeymoon period and getting all doe eyed over the new sim at the moment, and I agree it looks and sounds like it'll be good, but I've been around for enough new FS releases over the years to know that they'll be on here after a few weeks complaining about stuff.

Yup. Couldn't agree more. Been doing this a long time as well.

Dan Cole

6 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I also wondered if you were violating the NDA by saying you were a tester.

I'm not aware of anyone else except FDEdev disclosing they are an alpha tester...  Maybe I've not been taking much notice but I just presumed such disclosures were a violation of the NDA.

Matthew S

I suspect threads like this are intended to stir things up we have seen it all before in other sim threads, to much time on there hands.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I'm not aware of anyone else except FDEdev disclosing they are an alpha tester...  Maybe I've not been taking much notice but I just presumed such disclosures were a violation of the NDA.

So let's ask the source. The alpha NDA is here:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/guidelines-nda/

I don't see anything forbidding to reveal you're a tester.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11