Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How many of you are going to ditch P3D/X-Plane for MSFS2020?

14 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I'm not aware of anyone else except FDEdev disclosing they are an alpha tester...  Maybe I've not been taking much notice but I just presumed such disclosures were a violation of the NDA.

I think they are only breaking the NDA if they disclose or discuss unpublished features.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

16 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Since I've installed the MSFS alpha, I've deleted DCS, Aerofly FS2, P3D and x-plane and I'm 100% sure that I'm not going to re-install any of these, despite the fact that I have a barely mediocre PC.

Since installing my MSFS Alpha I've deleted it and gone back to DCS. 

• Upvote 1

I know Alpha testers just by looking in the MSFS insider forum nothing to stop you using your real name or including it. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I think I will ditch XP pretty soon after release.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

17 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Since I've installed the MSFS alpha, I've deleted DCS, Aerofly FS2, P3D and x-plane and I'm 100% sure that I'm not going to re-install any of these, despite the fact that I have a barely mediocre PC.

That's why you are so silent lately. 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

I'm not aware of anyone else except FDEdev disclosing they are an alpha tester...  Maybe I've not been taking much notice but I just presumed such disclosures were a violation of the NDA.

I mentioned being an Alpha tester several months ago. It's not a secret, nor is it a violation of any NDA.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Microsoft Flight Simulator  is now evidently a 'game'? 

Wow, all those lying thugs from Asobo have us all tricked!  I knew it!! 

22 hours ago, Chock said:

In approximately five years' time when it has enough detailed add-ons to match what FSX and P3D can do, then I might delete all my stuff for those, and go with the new sim (which actually won't be new at all by that point will it?) but until then, it'll be nice to have a flashy new sim. However, if you think it will match your souped-up P3D in every respect on day one of its release, then all I can say is you are in for a big disappointment, albeit a nice looking one.

Everyone is in the honeymoon period and getting all doe eyed over the new sim at the moment, and I agree it looks and sounds like it'll be good, but I've been around for enough new FS releases over the years to know that they'll be on here after a few weeks complaining about stuff.

Oh yeah buddy!...you have spoken very truthful words!...people have been criticizing wining and complaining about the new sim since day one of its announcement and it is far from being released yet...so just imagine the wave of complains that will come in once it has been officially released!...oh my!...poor Asobo and Microsoft.

Immediately! Not having to waste money on overpriced scenery and weather addons will be amazing. As soon as FS2020 is released P3D and X-Plane will be removed and never return! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, leinsters said:

Since installing my MSFS Alpha I've deleted it and gone back to DCS. 

I can see why if all you were using was DCS. In the current Alpha there doesn't seem to be any of the simulation that DCS caters towards. (military, combat etc)

No need to use a sim that doesn't fill your needs.

P.s. it looks like it will fill mine so could I borrow your Microsoft account real quick

Edited by suncoastflyer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Any information on how to take part in the alpha testing? I have registered on MSFS website, but is there anything else that would help?

1 hour ago, Captain747 said:

people have been criticizing wining and complaining about the new sim since day one of its announcement and it is far from being released yet...so just imagine the wave of complains that will come in once it has been officially released!...oh my!...poor Asobo and Microsoft.

Asobo asked for negative feedback.  They said they want to do this right, and they can't do that if people just say how pretty it looks.  It is in Alpha and they make a point to find feedback in forums like Avsim.  If they don't want feedback, they could say to stop, or they could stop looking, or they could stop posting pictures and videos.  And since they do post those, they control what we can provide feedback on.

So you may call it criticizing, whining, and complaining, I will call it providing feedback to make a better flight sim.  And I dare say that grass looks amazing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm going to get MSFS 2020 and if it's better than x-plane I'll be switching. What's been shown looks impressive however I can't say for sure until I've tried it myself. I already dumped P3D some time ago.

• Like 1

Honestly, at this point I'll probably spend a lot more time there than P3d. I'd be surprised if the PMDG/Leonardo/etc stuff gets ported over all that quickly, so I'll still have a reason to fly P3d but...  Well, after yet another mysterious CTD tonight right as I intercepted the glideslope after a 5 hour flight in the 747, if 2020 is stable, they're about 80% of the way there toward making me dump P3d entirely..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Unless MSFS2020 delivers similar or better flight dynamics realism than X-Plane, add efficient VR support without the need for stupid touch controllers and provide a reasonable level of openness allowing users and third parties to create and tweak the most important aspects of the sim (including aircraft, scenery and terrain mesh) I will be rather hard-pressed in letting it waste any amount of storage on my local disk.