Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How many of you are going to ditch P3D/X-Plane for MSFS2020?

Seems to me a topic drifts because mostly everything has been said that needs to be said. Like any conversation in a pub, you don't stay on 'topic' for long.

2c

• Like 3

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Seems to me a topic drifts because mostly everything has been said that needs to be said. Like any conversation in a pub, you don't stay on 'topic' for long.

2c

Excellent diagnostic  and I would add staying on topic is overrated anyway.  Now pass the beer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

27 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Seems to me a topic drifts because mostly everything has been said that needs to be said.

I read this forum everyday, and I have seen threads go off topic before I even got a chance to read them.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:00 PM, suncoastflyer said:

I can see why if all you were using was DCS. In the current Alpha there doesn't seem to be any of the simulation that DCS caters towards. (military, combat etc)

No need to use a sim that doesn't fill your needs.

P.s. it looks like it will fill mine so could I borrow your Microsoft account real quick

No. I'm as much a civilian flier as military. MFSF2020 has a long way to go. The alpha comes out, it works, it looks incredible, I comment on the bugs and issues, am pleased I am contributing 25 years of flight sim experience, at a certain point realize it's not ready for primetime and head back to what currently works really really well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oak said:

So I expect that it might be based on continuous fees,

No, it wont. The developers have confirmed that you will be able to buy the sim in the conventional way and have the full experience. 

9 hours ago, Oak said:

it's more likely that airplane addons developed by 3rd parties will have much worse flight model than the 1st hand. 

Not true. If anything, third party aircraft will be even better. The flight dynamics in the new sim are an order of magnitude better than we have seen before. And third party developers have already had access to the SDK and are working closely with Asobo. In fact the new sim includes a flight dynamics editor, to make the simulation of flight dynamics an easier task than ever.

Plus of course third party developers are focused on a single task, namely one aircraft. Rather than an entire simulator.

I've no idea why you have come to the conclusion that third party aircraft will be inferior. It obviously wont be the case.

If I were you I would check out the video Asobo released on this, detailing just how advanced the FDE is compared with the previous sim.

P.S. Has anyone noticed how I'm the only one now "on topic". Rather than like everyone else debating the concept of being on or off topic and therefore being responsible for the very thing they are complaining about. 🤔

Edited by martin-w
  • Upvote 1

I will have to rewatch the video, as I don't recall mention of that editor.  Was it towards the front, middle, or end?

Edited by GlideBy

6 hours ago, leinsters said:

MFSF2020 has a long way to go.

Interesting to hear. Shame it wasn't good enough for your normal flights then, hopefully it's good enough/will eventually be good enough for me.

Edited by suncoastflyer

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

7 hours ago, martin-w said:

In fact the new sim includes a flight dynamics editor, to make the simulation of flight dynamics an easier task than ever.

Interesting. How do you know? AFAIK until now, there isn't a FDE editor and I severely doubt that it will be an "easier task than ever" 

Given the much increased aerodynamic capabilities of the MSFS, developing a high quality FDE will be considerable more work than in FSX/P3D.  

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

Interesting. How do you know? AFAIK until now, there isn't a FDE editor and I severely doubt that it will be an "easier task than ever" 

Given the much increased aerodynamic capabilities of the MSFS, developing a high quality FDE will be considerable more work than in FSX/P3D.  

This is what I understand too. They speak of an aircraft editor. I suppose it is not only about new liveries but also about flight parameters. Not sure but it sounds like it.

That it will be easier, user-friendly, doesn’t mean that the results of our word not allowed tweakings will be up to snuff 😁.

PS I see the dreaded ‘word not allowed’ place holder. I didn’t use any profanity, the word was ign0rant 😏

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, FDEdev said:

😔 where have you been? Hiding somewhere. Asobo have told us so.

Whether it's more work is irrelevant. With greater capability comes greater opportunity. Having been involved in flight simulation as long as I have, it's clear that developers will relish the opportunity and capitalise on the new capabilities. 

Edited by martin-w

Not sure if I’ll ditch X-Plane, but probably, yes. I haven’t invested any money in it after buying the base game, so I feel like it was $60 well spent. 

I will still be flying my present sim and aircraft next year while others still wait for MSFS, and my gut feeling is I will still use it after MSFS is released. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

25 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Seems you arent too well versed in regard to what the new sim will include

Seems you don't even remember what you wrote and comprehend what I wrote.

You wrote:  In fact the new sim includes a flight dynamics editor, to make the simulation of flight dynamics an easier task than ever.

Have you seen this editor or worked with it? If not, how do you that it will making FDE development 'an easier task than ever', or how this editor looks like?

And again, until now, there is no FDE editor AFAIK. 

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, martin-w said:

With greater capability comes greater opportunity. Having been involved in flight simulation as long as I have, it's clear that developers will relish the opportunity and capitalise on the new capabilities. 

To make use of the greater opportunity/capabilities you need the ability to use it. I don't know what your flightsim experience has to do with this. How many FDEs have you designed if I may ask?

Edited by FDEdev