Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How many of you are going to ditch P3D/X-Plane for MSFS2020?

19 hours ago, threegreen said:

This subscription talk will go on at least until release day and even after that there will probably be talk about how MS needs to introduce a subscription later down the road because they will go bankrupt if they don't charge a monthly fee for a flight simulator weather download.

IIRC correctly I've only paid once for Active Sky, so that knocks back their argument about needing monthly fees for weather downloads.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

36 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Everything is sorted then just it`s (Top Secret classified information) at the moment, that`s why on every insider update roadmap it`s in the top question's list.  

Neumann talked about it in a publicly available media interview, how is it classified? It's on the list because they're picking up the most discussed things within the community and for some reason the subscription discussion is going on and on as if the developers never said anything about it.

28 minutes ago, eaim said:

IIRC correctly I've only paid once for Active Sky, so that knocks back their argument about needing monthly fees for weather downloads.

I agree. If Hifi can keep it running without a subscription why would Microsoft of all businesses need one to keep it running? I can see why people think a subscription may be charged for scenery data streaming, but then again there are many examples of games and other applications that need servers running and streaming 24/7 without subscription based pricing, so again, why would Microsoft need a subscription from a bunch of flight simmers to be able to keep their infrastructure up and running which would be happening anyway, with or without a flight simulator using it as one of I-don't-know-how-many other projects?

Let's not derail this thread any further, btw.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, eaim said:

I am not specially worried ! But I suspect that Active Sky draws the weather parameters from free data sources. On the other hand, MS seems, if I recall correctly  EP2 and subsequent comments, to use more sophisticated providers.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, domkle said:

I’ve heard that MS has retained Tony Randazzo as a consultant for the price setting policy.🐟

Who’s Tony Randazzo? Is he related to Robert?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Who’s Tony Randazzo? Is he related to Robert?

oops, Robert it is.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, domkle said:

oops, Robert it is.

I don't get it...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

7 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I don't get it...

Robert Randazzo is head of PMDG. 😄

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

5 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I don't get it...

Domkle jokingly said that he thought MS had retained Tony Randazzo to set the pricing strategy for the new sim. To which I replied, who’s Tony, is he related to Robert? 

Robert Randazzo is the owner of PMDG and Domkle was joking that maybe MS was using him to set the pricing, however he mistook Robert for being named Tony.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just bought myself True Earth Great Britain North and Central for P3D to complete TE Great Britain. That will help me pass the time untill MSFS is released. What the heck, I may even use them after MSFS is released! Still enjoying P3D 🙂

Edited by Rimshot
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

18 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Robert Randazzo is the owner of PMDG and Domkle was joking that maybe MS was using him to set the pricing, however he mistook Robert for being named Tony.

I know who Robert Randazzo is, I just didn't (and still don't) get the connection in the joke that Dominique replied to me with between him and why he would be in charge of the pricing model for MSFS.

I know jokes aren't funny anymore when you have to explain them, sorry 😆.

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I know who Robert Randazzo is, I just didn't (and still don't) get the connection in the joke that Dominique replied to me with between him and why he would be in charge of the pricing model for MSFS.

I know jokes aren't funny anymore when you have to explain them, sorry 😆.

First remember we were April 1st, the day where fake news are in order !  

We have had  discussions about subscription and price for 10 months now, tell me about beating a dead horse, about MS having to charge us to pay for their high bandwidth load (scenery, weather and so on and so forth… ). 

PMDG pricing policy can be summed up by the highest prices on the market and the absence of flexibilty in offering discount. This is not a criticism by the way, just a fact. 

I meant, tongue-in-cheek, with MS having Randazzo as a consultant, we should expect the worst in terms of price for FS20 😈. Maybe that was more of a Halloween joke ? The scary ones😱

A good dry joke should be understood. It was not good 😉

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

39 minutes ago, domkle said:

A good dry joke should be understood. It was not good 😉!

No matter how good a joke is, if the audience (me) is as thick as a brick you're still going to have a bad time 😁.

Edited by threegreen
Corrected a typo which was not a typo... and then re-corrected it...

On 4/1/2020 at 1:36 PM, mSparks said:

Not sure "debunked" is quite how I'd describe it, perhaps more

It was exposed as the nonsense it was. Pretty much fits the term.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, domkle said:

PMDG pricing policy can be summed up by the highest prices on the market and the absence of flexibilty in offering discount. This is not a criticism by the way, just a fact. 

Ironic that you mention that while they're running a 25% off "stay home" discount on their long-haulers. 😉  The 737NGXU expansion pack is 10 bucks off atm too.

I am going to keep X-Plane. MSFS looks promising and I will evaluate it. Hopefully, it will be as good as previewed and kind to my existing pc. From what I can see, the developers are very talented.

Jim Morgan