Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How many of you are going to ditch P3D/X-Plane for MSFS2020?

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No other sim released at present can offer that . Ive seen some alpha videos of the new sim MSFS and it still has popping autogen. Xplane does not suffer from this immersion killing problem. Ever.

And let’s see what LR bring to the table.

I do tend to agree that there seems to be some stuttering going on but also seen some vids where it's really smooth, is it the sim or the video rendering. For me the immersion killer is the ATC no matter what sim. As to seeing what they will bring to the table, whether it's LM or LR I'll take it with a sceptic view. If you goto P3D v5 they claim to have Realistic scenery along with Realistic ATC so how can we take that after seeing FS20.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I do tend to agree that there seems to be some stuttering going on but also seen some vids where it's really smooth, is it the sim or the video rendering. For me the immersion killer is the ATC no matter what sim. As to seeing what they will bring to the table, whether it's LM or LR I'll take it with a sceptic view. If you goto P3D v5 they claim to have Realistic scenery along with Realistic ATC so how can we take that after seeing FS20.

P3DV5, for me, the morphing terrain kills it. I just can’t not see it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

P3DV5, for me, the morphing terrain kills it. I just can’t not see it. 

are you saying your not going to have morphing terrain in P3D v5 ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Just now, FPStewy said:

are you saying your not going to have morphing terrain in P3D v5 ?

No, sorry what I meant is that the morphing terrain In P3DV5 kills the immersion for me. 

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=138180

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=134796

8 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No body has even seen what LR will do with xplane 12 yet? One thing xplane has going for it, is zero stuttering, fluid flight. No other sim released at present can offer that .

Ive seen some alpha videos of the new sim MSFS and it still has popping autogen. Xplane does not suffer from this immersion killing problem. Ever. 

XP has a list of other immersion killing bugs like weather system reloads, 2d flickering clouds and ugly cardboard trees. Also the Holy Grail Vulkan is taking Forever and a day to be completed and it's not stutter free and CTD free at all. And the frame rates with the latest Beta 9 are in the toilet. That being said I hope these developers can finally get their act together because it's taking forever with slow, slow progress. As for P3d, they will keep updating to version 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. But you know what the core FSX engine is so core it's irreplaceable and so you will always be stuck with DLL hell legacy bad performing code and systems (flight models, scenery system, traffic etc etc). As for MSFS it is a simmers ray of light for a few reasons (in order). 1. These devs are like Google coders (hungry with ultra skills).  Progress is fast, the whole sim has been redeveloped in about 4 years or so.   2. They started with FSX but the core has been gutted, it's an all new engine and scenery system (thank God).  3. No other sim has the resources to provide beautiful worldwide vfr Ortho scenery out of the box. Period. 4.  MSFS is the master of the procedural environment, it brings things alive and leaves others sims in the dust.  5. MSFT has the means to partner with big companies in the industry so for instance MSFS will include monthly AIRAC updates etc. I could go on, but you get it (I hope). 

Greazer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Greazer said:

5. MSFT has the means to partner with big companies in the industry so for instance MSFS will include monthly AIRAC updates etc.

You bring up a good point, I didn't read the entire 20 pages but the op is asking are going to ditch P3D/X-Plane. By the looks of it I'm probably going to ditch the weather system, my AIRAC and aeronautical databases sub.