Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

opnions on the ejets v3 ?

I'm looking for opinions on the e-jets v3  (p3dv4) released a few months back ? 

Thanks in advance.

I bought it and wouldn't recommend it for the current price. Too many shortcomings and I am not aware of any updates since the release which is very odd (there was one hotfix after 1 day or so). It can't really keep up with other high quality aircraft out there and if you have anx of them (PMDG, FSLabs etc) you will feel the same.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

There is a SP1 in production which hopefully will be released this week and is expected to address some of the more serious problems which have been raised with the initial release of this product. Current thoughts on the product are not too complimentary, with even one real world pilot of the Embraer describing the product as half-decent and totally unrepresentative in terms of FMS and systems. He even went as far as saying that the real world aircraft is a word not allowed to fly, which I find rather amusing.

That said, the SP1 may actually bring forth what may become an enjoyable product and so I would give it the benefit of the doubt and maybe wait for everyone's comments following its release as to whether or not most if not all the major issues will have been resolved. It does actually look and sound as if FeelThere have genuinely bent over backwards to work on the problems with this product, which may say something about how it listens to what is being said by the user community.

Finally, it is certainly not in the same category as PMDG or FSLabs, but depending on what you are looking for may hopefully develop into an enjoyable product.

Edited by LecLightning56

39 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

one real world pilot of the Embraer describing the product as half-decent and totally unrepresentative in terms of FMS and systems. He even went as far as saying that the real world aircraft is a word not allowed to fly, which I find rather amusing.

I  would love to read/watch  what this real pilot had to say. Would you mind pointing  me to the vid/post   ?

Thankssss

3 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

Finally, it is certainly not in the same category as PMDG or FSLabs, 

That one I figured. but . I always liked the ejets and was hoping somebody would come up with some  decent simulation. Thanks for your input

Edited by MindYerBeak

If the full list of SP1 fix could be addressed, I think it could be OK

I have high hopes, I really hope so as I’m eager to fly an E-Jet.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

According to Feelthere, the SP1 was 99% done on March 3 - On March 9 "a final issue" was addressed - On March 14 "it shouldn't be long" - On March 15 "the SP1 is probably out in the next few days" - On March 20 "the SP will likely be released next week."

😄

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

According to Feelthere, the SP1 was 99% done on March 3 - On March 9 "a final issue" was addressed - On March 14 "it shouldn't be long" - On March 15 "the SP1 is probably out in the next few days" - On March 20 "the SP will likely be released next week."

There is a perfectly valid reason for holding back the SP for a few more days. It's explained quite clearly on the FeelThere forum. The final testing of the SP had picked up a small texture issue. It looks like this was not an SP item, but  they wanted to correct it anyway, before releasing the SP. This is surely the correct approach. 

FeelThere have been posting regular updates on progress, and been very receptive to feedback from users, but It seems that people expect everything yesterday. Developers are criticised  when they provide progress updates, and blamed for inaction when they do not.

• Upvote 2

John B

1 hour ago, Biggles2010 said:

people expect everything yesterday. 

Yesterday? This addon was released in December....

22 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yesterday? This addon was released in December....

And a hotfix was released late December, with the indication that an SP would follow. 

If you look back through the website you will see that the way perceived faults were reported was often of little use to the developers or other users. Reports were usually incomplete, with little or no supporting evidence. Requests for additional information were often ignored. What are the developers supposed to do when provided with a lot of confusing information, which they then have to spend time trying to replicate. 

John B

1 hour ago, Biggles2010 said:

What are the developers supposed to do ..

...is to fix the bugs. It's not the task of the buyer to point out flaws in the product. Funny, my credit card never needs a service pack. Strange, ain't it?

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

...is to fix the bugs. It's not the task of the buyer to point out flaws in the product. Funny, my credit card never needs a service pack. Strange, ain't it?

You are entitled to your opinion. I do not think it is realistic. 

Most simulation software is not perfect at the point of release. Errors show up in use. Even the much praised and very professional PMDG have needed to issue hot fixes and updates from time to time.

John B

I too was disappointed to hear about the number of issues when it was released.  Despite really wanting an E-jet addon and having been excited about the release I decided to hold off.  Do I wish they were quicker with the SP?  Of course.  

However,  they do really seem to be listening to customers about their issues and concerns and seem to be tackling most (if not all) of what they’ve heard in the SP.  This approach makes me feel confident that most issues will be fixed in the SP and that’ll I’ll be plunking down the money for this addon once the SP is released.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU