Sign in to follow this  
Grzewik

V pilot not using Flai

Hello.
Sorry if im posting this in the wrong place but i need help.

I've connected to vatsim a couple of times but the flai moelmatching didn't work. I sellected the FSX folder in steam steamapps and common and updated and added the vmr file in v pilot. That didn't work because thats why im here. I tried with WOAI by installing an easy jet package and using the vmr generator. Well that also didn't work and it should since i was at EGKK and there were easyjets flying nearby. If someone can help me please do, If there is a custom ruleset that would make v pilot use the actual flyable models for model matching that would work because i have a lot of them.
Hope to hear back. Im losing my sanity trying to fix this..........
Grzewik

First, open Settings in VPilot, expand the Model Matching (FSX) entry and click on Advanced.  The folder that contains the FLAi aircraft should be listed and selected.

If it's not there then there is no entry for the SimObjects folder that contains the FLAi aircraft in fsx.cfg.  If not there VPilot won't find it.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

46 minutes ago, airernie said:

First, open Settings in VPilot, expand the Model Matching (FSX) entry and click on Advanced.  The folder that contains the FLAi aircraft should be listed and selected.

If it's not there then there is no entry for the SimObjects folder that contains the FLAi aircraft in fsx.cfg.  If not there VPilot won't find it.

Ernie

So that also is in fsx? Someone told me its only for Prepar3d but if it is also in fsx please tell me. The flai planes update to the simobjects/airplanes folder.ps the flai models show up in the same tree as the other models that arent from flai

Grzewik

Edited by Grzewik
forgot

5 hours ago, Grzewik said:

So that also is in fsx? Someone told me its only for Prepar3d but if it is also in fsx please tell me. The flai planes update to the simobjects/airplanes folder.ps the flai models show up in the same tree as the other models that arent from flai

Grzewik

Take a look here; https://vpilot.metacraft.com/Documentation

Has an explanation on Model Matching, Custom, and explanation of rules.

VPilot will automatically pick up your flying models.  No need for custom rules.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

7 hours ago, airernie said:

Take a look here; https://vpilot.metacraft.com/Documentation

Has an explanation on Model Matching, Custom, and explanation of rules.

VPilot will automatically pick up your flying models.  No need for custom rules.

Ok i read the whole thing but i dont understand what i have to do to fix this. I have the flai installed * sellected FSX folder* and added the custom rules set as people in tutorials say. Now i actually made a fresh install of fsx with nothing added inside and tryied manuall installing of flai. That also didn't work.

SOLVED!!! There was another tab for fsx called fsxse and when i added the vmr to that it started working. Although most planes are white i see some with livery so im happy ! Thank you airernie for trying to help. Atleast you gave me hope.