Sign in to follow this  
jfrex

REVISED PHENOM 100 GTN750 MOD

PHENOM 100 GTN INTEGRATION MOD v2.0

The revised version of the Flight1 GTN750 Integration Mod for the Carenado Phenom 100 (FSX, FSX_SE and P3D), originally released in January 2017, is ready for beta testing. It provides a replacement for the virtual cockpit G1000 MFD with options for a single GTN750 and a dual GTN750. The new gauge incorporates a completely redesigned Engine Information System (EIS) sidebar with three pages of engine, aircraft systems, and fuel status and performance information. All gauges and readouts are live, and are modeled to the operational parameters and limits of the real Phenom 100. Phenom100_ SingleGTN_MFD Full Panel

Optional textures modifications for the lower panel are provided for installation of a Wx radar or secondary GTN 650 in the single GTN option, in place of the GCU keypad. For the dual GTN option, only the radar texture is offered, as there is a limitation of two GTN units per panel. These textures also modify the bottom and right bezels softkeys of the MFD to add functionality for the EIS and shortcuts to the GTN(s) unit(s).

Phenom100_ SingleGTN_MFD

Phenom100_ DualGTN_MFD2

The EIS pages for both the single and the dual GTN panel options are shown below: P100 GTN_MFD EIS PageS

P100 Dual GTN EIS Pages

GTN MFD ENHANCEMENTS

In addition to the revised EIS pages, a number of modifications and additional features are included in the GTN-MFD gauge for the Phenom 100:

• Automatic Thrust Reserve (ATR) functionality is enabled. The default mode for the ATR is off, and can be enabled via the ENG SET softkey button in the EIS Engine page to engage the Takeoff Reserve power setting or thru the 2D stock MFD.  It will provide 4 percent power increase when engaged. The ATR is automatically enabled under one engine operation. Under normal conditions, the ATR will disengage after 20 minutes operation.
  • The engine igniter switches are functional.  An engine will not start if its igniter switch is set to OFF.

• The transponder settings are automatically controlled by the GTN MFD. The PFD’s XPDR mode (STBY, ON, ALT) will be switched to STBY on the ground, to ON below 500’ AGL and to ALT mode over 500’ AGL.

• Oxygen tank’s initial quantity is set to full at startup when fuel capacity is greater that 70%, otherwise it is set as percentage of fuel capacity. Consumption is calculated based on 5 hrs duration with 1850 lbs. with the Oxygen valve open and altitude above 10000 MSL. No Dispatch CAS warnings will appear on the EIS gauge if pressure is below 730 psi.

• Landing field elevation warning in all EIS will remain until field elevation is updated, as in the real aircraft. Cabin altitude is set to density altitude on initialization.
  • Barometric minimums will initially be set to 200 above LFE and are adjusted with the FMS knob in the lower right of the bezel in the MFD or PFD.
  • Cockpit animations for side sunshades and instrument reflections are enabled on a cold cockpit, and are disabled when either battery switch is on.

• Pushback can be activated by the Cabin ALT switch on the lower panel. Left click toggles the pushback on, right click disables the Push back. Parking brake is automatically released before starting the pushback. The original Cabin Alt switch functionality is not affected by this change, and will continue to work inflight.

• Ground Power mode has been added to power up the Shed Bus while on ground with ENG2 running.

• Spoiler are now available for the Phenom 100 (the aircraft.cfg file needs to be modified). Ground spoilers are automatically enabled by the full flaps setting and automatically retracted on speed below 30 knots, or flap retraction from FULL position. Speed brakes can manually activated via the keyboard shortcut or thru a joystick or the throttle quadrant lever or button. There is no provision for a spoiler lever or switch in the VC cockpit.

• Front recognition strobe lights have been added, activated via the Effects switch in the overhead cabin light panel. Two options are provided, normal and fast strobe effects. Strobes are disabled when landing or taxi light is turned on.

• Flap activation turns recognition strobes off and activates the landing lights when airspeed greater than 30 knots.

• Pressure gauges are modeled to be more realistic. Oxygen level will fall, hydraulic pump will activate as needed. The brake accumulator pressure will be purged after six brake cycles, and will not engage the parking brake until hydraulic pressure is restored.

• Electric hydraulic pressure switch pressurizes the hydraulic system when engines are off, and will turn off when engine hydraulic pressure is sensed.

• Emergency brake reserve tank is fed by the aircraft hydraulic system. The reserve tank provides up to six applications of the emergency brakes (Parking lever) if no system hydraulic pressure is available.

• Master brightness control for the PFDs, MFDs and EFIS is incorporated in the Audio panel’s Pilot/Passenger volume knob (above the Display Backup red button)and will adjust brightness levels in the PFD, MFD (EIS section), and the EFIS.

• Inflight fuel, time and distance statistics are provided in the corresponding EIS page in the MFD. Some of the computations such as endurance reserves, fuel required, reserve fuel at destination, rely on flight plan data variables which the GTN 750 does not provide, and must be obtained from a sim’s legacy flight plan. Creating and loading a flight plan with departure and destination waypoints will provide the sufficient data these computations.

Phenom100_ DualGTN_MFD_FullPanel

The added functionality of ATR, spoilers, yaw damper and cruise Speed Control require activation in the aircraft.cfg file in the PHENOM 100 main folder. A sample aircraft.cfg file incorporating the required changes, but the aircraft section from your aircraft.cfg file needs to be added, as only a sample aircraft is included. Thrust has been revised to 1940 lbs to account for the auto throttle reserve (1860 lbs normal).

The mod will be posted to the Flight1 File Library System in as soon as is out of beta testing which will probable take a couple of weeks, if enough of you give me a hand with testing.

If interested in helping out, pleas PM me with an email address, and I will send you a download link.

Jorge

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I've been trying the excellent Mods by Jorge for the Phenom 300 and now the new Mods for the Phenom 100. It's a complete overall new experience to fly the Embraer Phenoms with these Mods. Highly recommended for everyone of us that love these Carenado models.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Wow, fabulous news. Thanks for all the hard work.

cheers,

Nathan

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)

PM Sent.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Please send the download link to alleesim(at)earthlink(dot)net for the Phenom 100 750 intergration file.    budlee4

Edited by charliearon
shouldn't post email address on the open forum

I just installed Jorge’s mods today. AWESOME.  This brings a whole new level to the Phenom 100. Highly recommended! I use the RealityXP GTN and I added a couple enhancements of my own. I’ll be flying this one a lot!

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

I've been trying to map a switch on my Saitek TQ to activate / deactivate the speedbrakes. Can you tell me what variable it needs to be mapped to? I'm using SPAD.neXt.

Thanks.

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

48 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

I've been trying to map a switch on my Saitek TQ to activate / deactivate the speedbrakes. Can you tell me what variable it needs to be mapped to? I'm using SPAD.neXt.

Thanks.

Bruce

The standard key in P3D is the "/" key.. can you use that?

Bert

Thanks Bert, but what worked for me was SPOILERS_SET with parameter 16384 for extend and parameter 0 to retract.