Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

LatinVFR KFLL vs MK Studios BIKF?

Hey all? I am facing a tough decision between the new MK studios BIKF or the Latin VFR KFLL. They both look amazing but I only have the funds for one. They both have their pros and cons to me, BIKF is in the middle of nowhere and I usually fly USA and around. Plus the only IRL aircraft I could fly is the CS 757 and I do not want to limit my flying to just one aircraft; along with all that I also enjoy shorter routes. The issue with KFLL is that I own Latin VFR KMIA and I fear since they are so close together I am wasting my money. I love the snowy challenge of BIKF but love the tropical approach of KFLL. A third possible option is Flightbeams KMSP which also looks great and is on sale! But I am not quite sure how often I would fly there. I really am not sure what to do. Please help! All ideas are welcome! 

Edited by pilot10112

2 hours ago, pilot10112 said:

BIKF is in the middle of nowhere and I usually fly USA and around. Plus the only IRL aircraft I could fly is the CS 757 and I do not want to limit my flying to just one aircraft; along with all that I also enjoy shorter routes. The issue with KFLL is that I own Latin VFR KMIA and I fear since they are so close together I am wasting my money. 

I have both KFLL (FSDT version) and KMIA and use both of them equally. Granted they are near each do have some common US routes but KMIA has a lot more cargo and international flights, so I use them a lot for different things. 

If you fly the US a lot, I’d get KFLL, but that’s just my opinion because I love flying there and KMIA in both the sim and real life.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

24 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I have both KFLL (FSDT version) and KMIA and use both of them equally.

Does the FLL scenery have custom buildings all the way out to the coastline?  Also does it tie in with Miami, or are there gaps?  I am one of those weird people that buys scenery like this, not so much for the larger airport, but for the GA eye candy it offers around the area.  FlyTampa does a nice job with this.

• Like 1

Go for the Flightbeam option. You can't go wrong with one of their sceneries! I didn't think that I'd ever fly to MSP, DEN or PHX, yet I'm glad I picked these up. Quality fantastic, lots of nice little touches to add realism and performs excellently. And as it's on sale, MSP would be a steal.

As good as BIKF is, it's a long way to go (and over a lot of ocean) for a US simmer that likes short hops. Although there's a bit of flying you could do between BIKF, BIAR (both same MKS scenery), BIIS (a tricky, but beautiful approach in a fjord) and BIRK while using Orbx's Iceland demo and whatever smaller aircraft you have in your hangar.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Flightbeam's KMSP is one of my favs. Great for when I need a "short" flight to KDEN or KORD.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Another vote for KMSP.  There aren’t a lot of high quality airports in that part of the country, so it serves as a good hub for a lot of flights.

I also would vote for MSP.  FLL is good also.  But the entire flightbeam catalog is must have in my opinion.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Alright since it’s on sale I think I’ll go MSP. Wait for sale on the others! Thanks for all your help!

Enjoy KMSP -- it is a Delta hub!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

i agree... go for Flightbeam, i got all of they products. they are great.

cheers,

henry

13 hours ago, medx421 said:

Does the FLL scenery have custom buildings all the way out to the coastline?  

No the FSDT version is limited to inside the bounds of the airport. I believe the new LVFR version goes out farther. I just have the FSDT version since I’m still on FSX and the new version isn’t available for it.

13 hours ago, medx421 said:

Also does it tie in with Miami, or are there gaps?  

While they are close, relatively speaking, they are not that close. Google maps puts them 29 miles apart, so there is a gap in scenery coverage unless you use photoreal.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Flightbeam all the way!
I rarely fly in the US, but Mir's sceneries are so good, I find them irresistable.

Edited by Rafal

MSP is great, really all three are great.  To me it comes down to where you'd most like to fly.  Personally I have a good use for all of them.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

20 hours ago, pilot10112 said:

Hey all? I am facing a tough decision between the new MK studios BIKF or the Latin VFR KFLL. They both look amazing but I only have the funds for one. They both have their pros and cons to me, BIKF is in the middle of nowhere and I usually fly USA and around. Plus the only IRL aircraft I could fly is the CS 757 and I do not want to limit my flying to just one aircraft; along with all that I also enjoy shorter routes. The issue with KFLL is that I own Latin VFR KMIA and I fear since they are so close together I am wasting my money. I love the snowy challenge of BIKF but love the tropical approach of KFLL. A third possible option is Flightbeams KMSP which also looks great and is on sale! But I am not quite sure how often I would fly there. I really am not sure what to do. Please help! All ideas are welcome! 

One thing KEF and FLL have in common, terrible performance around the terminals. They both are clearly not Flightbeam.

Edited by B777ER

Eric