Sign in to follow this  
fofs

Carenado Sale up to 70% off for P3D & FSX

29 minutes ago, jay907uk said:

I've been looking at DA62 by Carenado and DA62 by Vertx but can't decide which one is better?

I have the Vertx DA62. Although I don’t have the Carenado version, I do have several other offerings from them. I strongly recommend the Vertx. At $39.95 it is more than worth it. I’m looking to pick up some Carenado during this sale too but would still get the DA62 from Vertx.

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

3 hours ago, jay907uk said:

I've been looking at DA62 by Carenado and DA62 by Vertx but can't decide which one is better? I did post on his youtube channel but never had a reply.

Anyone got any thoughts on which one is better?

Thanks

Jason

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Why is it every time they have a sale, their site crashes?  I remember it happening previously, think around Black Friday.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I have the Shorts 360, does anyone know if there’s much difference to the 330?

I wouldn’t mind getting the 330 in the sale as it’s an aircraft that’s always intrigued me but no point spending if the only difference is an extra tail fin, real world flying isn’t paying too well at the moment! 

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

S340 is decent, can't comment on the Shrike.

I've heard the Do228 is pretty decent?  Big discount so I might pull the trigger.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

13 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

The last time Carenado had a sale I pickup the Phenom 100 and the Pawnee. I didn't expect study level at all. I haven't used either much but I'll say neither of then delivered in visual quality either. So you neither get realism on the systems side or quality on the textures side.😛

The Phenom doesn't deliver on visuals? What are you talking about?

• Upvote 1

On a related note, I'm thinking of picking up their FA50 EX.

Leaving aside what other bugs the thing may have or not have, what flight plan format does the (I'm sure rudimentary) FMS read? I suspect it doesn't read P3d default flight plans?

7 hours ago, regis9 said:

S340 is decent, can't comment on the Shrike.

I've heard the Do228 is pretty decent?  Big discount so I might pull the trigger.

Yes the 228 is nice to hand fly, and has a nice analogue flight deck. At its current sale price I’d say it a must have

Edited by jon b
  • Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Some of the pricing can be weird e.g. the email I got from Carenado had the B120 at $31.47 but when I went to the site it was $22.48. Worth checking if you're on the fence about a purchase.

On 3/19/2020 at 2:46 AM, Mgard78 said:

Can anyone comment on the S340 and the Shrike 500S?

I have S340 and it is quite nice, better as the Fokker 50.
Nevertheless completely different aircraft then a Shrike

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I'm still thinking about the Brasilia.  What's the word with that one?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

14 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

I have S340 and it is quite nice, better as the Fokker 50.

In which way it´s better? I have Fokker and was really disappointed.

Is any of their jets any good?

3 hours ago, kiki said:

Is any of their jets any good?

The S550 v2 is a classic and at $14 it's a real bargain.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.