Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Be optimistic !

Let's bring a touch of glamour to these dire times. Did you realize we are like being in a movie ?

ET2kRhGXYAAKlyo

• Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Last November I did look out of the window and wondered where the Blade Runner flying cars and replicants were... But since I had also read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - where the story takes place in 1992 (!) - I had somehow not been expecting too much 😉

For laughs you might want to take a look at the twitter feed of sports commentator Nick Heath, and especially his Live Commentary posts, where he sports-commentates everyday situations, since there are no actuall events to work on...

https://twitter.com/hashtag/LiveCommentary?src=hashtag_click

Cheers

Mallard

• Like 3

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Still wondering about people's fascination with toilet paper.  What would Sigmund Freud say about this?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

13 minutes ago, stans said:

Still wondering about people's fascination with toilet paper.  What would Sigmund Freud say about this?

They had a psychologist on the BBC a couple of days ago - he theorised it is linked to afeeling of accomplishment, of "having done" something one gets when filling the shopping cart. And it's cheap. And since it's white and soft, it also has a comforting factor.

Have you seen this?

Cheers

Mallard

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mallard said:

Have you seen this?

I have now! Thanks for providing a terrific laugh! :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 3/24/2020 at 3:44 PM, Mallard said:

Paaaaaapeer!! 😄

Cheers

Mallard

Are you quoting Anthony Quinn in Lawrence of Arabia?  

If so...very cool  😎

That's what his character said, repeatedly, after his (and Lawrence's) army took Aqaba (in today's Jordan), and he expected to find Turkish gold bullion.  Instead, he found Turkish paper money.  He was ticked.  So he came down the stairs with two fists full of this worthless paper money, screaming, "PAPER!  PAPER!" as only Anthony Quinn could do.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 3/25/2020 at 6:10 AM, Mallard said:

They had a psychologist on the BBC a couple of days ago - he theorised it is linked to afeeling of accomplishment, of "having done" something one gets when filling the shopping cart. And it's cheap. And since it's white and soft, it also has a comforting factor.

Have you seen this?

Cheers

Mallard

Awesome and likely to become classic poetry at some point in the future!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

DRdz6c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

18 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

DRdz6c.jpg

LOL!!!!  Too funny and I'll be stealing this one.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

"It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good.........."

Looks like the virus is working out well for some deserving cats and dogs! 😺

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/newest-shortage-in-new-york-the-city-is-running-out-of-dogs?sref=vuYGislZ&fbclid=IwAR2cO-8395qiLA0MvGuDVd2okdD6AoBjXYtxm19X7FIqageK9_odT7OBaX4

Excerpt:

Of all the shortages created by the coronavirus pandemic -- the toilet paper and the hand sanitizer and the bottled water -- the oddest of them all has to be dogs. Oh, and cats too.

That’s right, in the New York city area, the epicenter of the disease, there is suddenly a run on pets. At least of the adopted or fostered kind. Muddy Paws Rescue and Best Friends Animal Society are reporting shelters they work with are either all out of or almost out of cats and dogs after a surge in applications of as much as 10-fold in the past two weeks.

Ordered to shelter in place at home, and both a little bored and a lot anxious, New Yorkers apparently see the four-legged friends as way to calm frayed nerves. “For the moment we definitely don’t have any dogs left to match” with foster volunteers, said Anna Lai, the marketing director at Muddy Paws. “Which is a great problem to have.”

Devons rig

I was on a long line at 7:45 am today at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.
He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.
As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.