Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Be optimistic !

Klaatu Barada Nikto to you too! :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

9 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Klaatu Barada Nikto to you too! :cool:

Klaatu barada nik<cough cough> 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

While regular airline traffic is not so regular any more, there are some interesting videos of repatriation flights. Vancouver typically only sees one Air New Zealand plane at a time, so 3 or 4 passing through is something new.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, goates said:

While regular airline traffic is not so regular any more, there are some interesting videos of repatriation flights. Vancouver typically only sees one Air New Zealand plane at a time, so 3 or 4 passing through is something new.

I believe there was 12000 Germans stranded in New Zealand when the borders closed, 10 Lufthansa aircraft have come to New Zealand (and they don't normally fly here) for repatriation flights. They did a tribute fly by over Auckland and Christchurch to thank New Zealand for their hospitality

Auckland Fly By:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/120956815/coronavirus-lufthansa-plane-bids-farewell-flying-low-over-auckland

Christchurch Fly By:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/120896849/coronavirus-german-pilots-tribute-flyover-to-thank-christchurch-during-covid19-lockdown

747 arriving Christchurch:

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 2

Matthew Kane

Animals wondering why the humans have stopped coming out to play: 

xREuqc.jpg

9lpOAV.jpg

kxFX6H.jpg

• Like 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This one reminds me of my cat..

3vcme2.jpg

Cheers

Mallard

• Like 2

The things that happen when creative people are quarantined in the house too long.....

iwYSMC.jpg

Also:

Ne3oPB.png

True story, bro!

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Confinement has its pros and cons.

Pro    I  learnt how to make bread. I am French, I can't live without bread

Con  : being in the kitchen I started to make some of the goodies of my childhood, Milk rice pudding, baked apples etc. 😁

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 minutes ago, domkle said:

Confinement has its pros and cons.

Pro    I  learnt how to make bread. I am French, I can't leave without bread

Con  : being in the kitchen I started to make some of the goodies of my childhood, Milk rice pudding, baked apples etc. 😁

You have Bread yeast availability?  Must be nice. I have Ale yeast! 😉

Edited by Adrian123

3 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

You have Bread yeast availability?  Must be nice. I have Ale yeast! 😉

Sourdough bread, I do the starter.

• Like 1

Dominique

And..... don't forget, the kids are going stir-crazy, too.........

Fortunately, human beings also have pets that love us, and are completely absorbing all the sudden extra attention.........

LTRNOS.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Devons rig

Doberman? :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

27 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Doberman? :cool:

No, My Little Pony.

(Okay, I'll bow my head in shame)

Cheers

Mallard

Edited by Mallard
  • Like 1

I was watching our local news this morning and it still looks like New Zealand might just isolate this virus out of our island nation, this means no one can come and go but also means we can restart things before the rest of the world. If this happens we will have the only sports being played on the planet. Maybe we can convert more of the world into Cricket and Rugby Fans 😀

Here's a song to get you in the mood...

• Upvote 2

Matthew Kane