Sign in to follow this  
Ops Normal

DCS "In This Together" sale

We’re giving you free trial access to popular DCS World modules. For those of you staying at home, you can explore our website and join us on social media for inspiration. The trials will run from the 18th of March to the 18th of April 2020.

During the trial period, all participating modules benefit from up to 50% discount. 

Below is a schedule of free trials from ED and it’s 3rd Parties; 

Save up to 50% on most DCS World modules starting from 18 March 2020 till 18 April 2020 in E-shop and Steam*

The schedule:

• March 18-19: F-16C

• March 20-21: F/A-18C

• March 22-23: F-14B

• March 24-25: JF-17

• March 26-27: A-10C

• March 28-29: AV-8B

• March 30-31: M-2000C

• April 1-2: Spitfire

• April 3-4: Mustang

• April 5-6: Fw 190 A8

• April 7-8: Bf 109 K4

• April 9-10: Persian Gulf Map

• April 11-12: Nevada Map

• April 13-14: F-86

• April 15-16: MiG-15

• April 17-18: Black Shark Ka-50

Be aware that some modules have different discount rates:

• DCS: Supercarrier - no additional discounts
  • DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations – 20% off
  • DCS: JF-17 Thunder by Deka Ironwork Simulations - $15.00 USD off
  • DCS: SA342 Gazelle by Polychop Simulations - 25% off

All campaigns by Reflected Simulations - 30% off:

• Spitfire IX The Big Show Campaign
  • P-51D The Blue Nosed word not alloweds of Bodney Campaign
  • Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign
  • F-86F Hunters over the Yalu Campaign

UH-1H Worlds Apart - Spring 2025 Campaign by Low-Level-Heaven Mission Development - 20% off.

The Museum Relic Campaign by Apache600 - not participating.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2020-03-18/

24 minutes ago, Ops Normal said:
  • P-51D The Blue Nosed word not alloweds of Bodney Campaign

tee hee

Man, on one hand 50% is a big discount, but boy are these pricey... 80 bucks each for the F-16/F-18/F-14...

I remember when the good expansions like flaming cliffs cost half of that and brought several planes and other stuff...

Bummer, I missed the free trial period for the Viper. That's such a nostalgic aircraft for me. Sitting now just waiting out the sale period for a little, fingers crossed that things improve globally.

These sales are a truly appreciated ray of goodness in some rather dank times. Though our dollar here in Australia is just tanking big time. Only a matter of weeks ago I could buy something for about 68 cents in the US dollar, but now it's already at 54 cents, and continuing to head south by the look of it. So it's just killing a lot of the upside to any of these sales unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Graeme Wright said:

Though our dollar here in Australia is just tanking big time. Only a matter of weeks ago I could buy something for about 68 cents in the US dollar, but now it's already at 54 cents, and continuing to head south by the look of it.

I'm with you brother; South African Rand (ZAR) also doing badly against the US dollar. At least the Rand is holding level against Aussie dollar.

Have a look at DCS World on Steam, you may find the prices more affordable https://store.steampowered.com/app/223750/DCS_World_Steam_Edition/. The sale seems to have been temporarily removed or delayed on Steam, but will be back soon apparently.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

4 hours ago, rooitou said:

Have a look at DCS World on Steam, you may find the prices more affordable

Very true, good idea. I believe you can transfer most DCS Steam module licenses across to stand alone too. So I should in theory be able merge across and retain my existing stand alone library of modules, without needing to start afresh on Steam.

Thanks.