Sign in to follow this  
Hauer

A2A Simulations Offers FREE Accu-Sim P-40 for Everyone

• Like 3

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

Wow. A HUGE thank you to A2A..

Peter Osborn

Pardon my ignorance, but, what do people DO with these fighter planes in FSX? I understand them in something like DCS, but I just don't see how they fit into FSX compared to airliners/military transports/etc.

Thanks to A2A nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, Sean O said:

Pardon my ignorance, but, what do people DO with these fighter planes in FSX? I understand them in something like DCS, but I just don't see how they fit into FSX compared to airliners/military transports/etc.

For me it's much a nostalgia thing as anything. They're just another vintage of plane, which provides a certain attraction to some. The fundamental nature to the process of operating them, the sound, plus the fact A2A adds so much realism to all these aircraft, just make it an entire experience thing for some like me.

Probably a bit like jumping on a motorcycle and going for a ride to get away from it all on a weekend maybe. Works for some, but maybe not for others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sean O said:

There's plenty of warbirds flying today.

Wonderful! I did have it for FSX and missed it in P3D. Thanks - very much!!!

- Eero

Perhaps so many visitors there now that server did not work. I try later. 

You can always patrol California coast for Japanese submarines. Or fly overhauled fighters between bases. Much more fun than in combat simulators where I´ll be shot down in seconds.

Edited by charliearon
Someone was offended? Made it less offensive!

I ferry my warbirds from Airshow to Airshow!

But seriously, they offer something more complex than your typical GA plane, and you can still fly them into and from a lot of the small airports that you can't land a tubeliner at.  Additionally, you don't need to spend half an hour programming an FMC before take-off.  So they fill a nice spot in between GA aircraft and jets, in terms of complexity and time needed to set up a flight.

Edited by _Gladius_