Don't need much fuel for this trip, about 35k pounds to haul 50 tons. Taxiing out to RWY02 at EGCN.

el4gMvh.jpg

Feet wet off the coast of England.

YeFUzlq.jpg

Descending towards Belgium

2x7dnc4.jpg

Brussels airport just visible in the gap in the clouds above the window lever

3XofZqz.jpg

A bit hazy down here, on vectors for a visual to RWY5L

kfvAGXA.jpg

xr1uj1V.jpg

RWY5L beckons. You can't quite see it, but there was another plane about to take off from 5R.

coZkJPX.jpg

lvLreYT.jpg

Touchdown!

7Mdmaqp.jpg

View from the tower.

hls0UKa.jpg

Crossing 5R on the way to the cargo ramp.

1wqD3ys.jpg

Nice evening.

aYEiH6Y.jpg

Right! Get the kettle on!

7gUCBm7.jpg

Enjoy.

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 3/20/2020 at 9:26 PM, HighBypass said:

Thank you, Mark.

I was not aware of this version of the MD-11.

Do you know how it compares to the PMDG offering?

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Hi Hugo.

It's a "lite" model with quite nice eye candy IMHO. It hand flies nicely. I do not believe it is close to accuracy of systems like the PMDG bird, but I never had chance to fly that. The FMC is a licensed one from EasyFMC, customised for Sky Sim's MD-11 apparently. I tried creating a flight plan from scratch, but my skills are lacking. I don't believe it supports SIDs and STARS, then again I currently just get the plane to follow the magenta line and then have the default FSX ATC vector me to the runway (ILS or visual approach).

The autopilot controls aren't quite like the proper MD-11.

Sky Sim provide an aircraft manager for weight and balance (%MAC etc) but alas this is for the pax versions not the freighters. I just workaround using FSX fuel & payload. In this thread I detail how I get the autopilot to successfully initiate a rate of climb without levelling out or nose diving..

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/569292-tri-holer-hauling-across-the-pond-krsw-to-egss/?tab=comments#comment-4169540

The product is slightly expensive for what it is IMHO, but I certainly enjoy it far more than any freeware offerings I've used.

Mark Robinson

Great Lighting

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

On 3/24/2020 at 5:06 PM, HighBypass said:

Hi Hugo.

It's a "lite" model with quite nice eye candy IMHO. It hand flies nicely. I do not believe it is close to accuracy of systems like the PMDG bird, but I never had chance to fly that. The FMC is a licensed one from EasyFMC, customised for Sky Sim's MD-11 apparently. I tried creating a flight plan from scratch, but my skills are lacking. I don't believe it supports SIDs and STARS, then again I currently just get the plane to follow the magenta line and then have the default FSX ATC vector me to the runway (ILS or visual approach).

The autopilot controls aren't quite like the proper MD-11.

Sky Sim provide an aircraft manager for weight and balance (%MAC etc) but alas this is for the pax versions not the freighters. I just workaround using FSX fuel & payload. In this thread I detail how I get the autopilot to successfully initiate a rate of climb without levelling out or nose diving..

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/569292-tri-holer-hauling-across-the-pond-krsw-to-egss/?tab=comments#comment-4169540

The product is slightly expensive for what it is IMHO, but I certainly enjoy it far more than any freeware offerings I've used.

Thank you for your input Mark. Greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT