Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 19th, 2020 – Development Update

In the shot by BonhamFive -- it has a Cessna and a great looking thunderstorm on one side and a yellowish ashy looking pile of clouds on the other --  why are there two cloud color schemes running concurrently?  It just doesnt look right to me.  anyone agree?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I'm really pleased that they continue to update us. So many companies these days continue to treat us like mushrooms. (Feed them *blank and keep them in the dark). Great job so far Asobo/MS!

Also today I received and email from MSFS and I was thinking "YES! I'm in!" Sadly it was a nice year review, but no invite.

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

In the shot by BonhamFive -- it has a Cessna and a great looking thunderstorm on one side and a yellowish ashy looking pile of clouds on the other --  why are there two cloud color schemes running concurrently?  It just doesnt look right to me.  anyone agree?

Yes agreed 100% and I'm sure this has been raised in there forums 🙂 and if it hasn't, well you tried!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

Because the sun is illuminating the face of clouds on the left and the clouds on the right are in shadow and thus darker.

2 hours ago, sightseer said:

I'm not really sure, what's tripping you up? It looks as expected to me...

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

5 hours ago, Krakin said:

How can you tell that from a screen shot? You could be right but you're not going to know from a screen shot

You are right, I don't know.  But that one plane looks really close to the jet in front of it.  So I would think it would get hit by jet blast.  And if they don't have jet blast, then they don't have wake turbulence.

Keep in mind the image is wide angle, so they are closer than they appear.  

Rushour.png

1 hour ago, SKEWR said:

Also today I received and email from MSFS and I was thinking "YES! I'm in!" Sadly it was a nice year review, but no invite.

It is good news, as it means they have your email, and the email made it through the spam filter.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skully said:

Because the sun is illuminating the face of clouds on the left and the clouds on the right are in shadow and thus darker.

you need to study more cloud faces.  Well formed cumulus are quite bright and with water vapor in the area will often look pinkish or reddish in the highlights and the same or similar blues in the shadows.  Since we don't see much haze in the shot (which is something it appears they still need to work on), I would expect those faces to be bright.  The last thing I would expect is dull dingy yellowish color.  Only low density not well formed cumulus or stratus would appear yellowish/brownish when looking away from the sun.

Thunderstorms do have odd colors sometimes when the air gets a lot of dust in it but they still are mostly in the blue family.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

36 minutes ago, sightseer said:

you need to study more cloud faces. 

I don't need to study anything. I'm not the one developing the simulator.

That being said, this looks correct to me as we don't know what the atmospheric conditions were and particulate matter that was in the air at the time this shot was taken.

Looks to me like a storm has whipped up a lot of dust to give the clouds the dirty color.

See it all the time here in the Mojave desert.

3 hours ago, sightseer said:

Isn't it on the left what a meteorologist calls a front ? 

Anyway, since the beginning I've found the clouds lovely but overdone, too dramatic  Doomsday clouds. But these are still pictures. They could be better seen in a moving environment.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, GlideBy said:

You are right, I don't know.  But that one plane looks really close to the jet in front of it.  So I would think it would get hit by jet blast.  And if they don't have jet blast, then they don't have wake turbulence.

Keep in mind the image is wide angle, so they are closer than they appear.  

Rushour.png

The blast from the 747 wouldn't be *that* much until they really powered up, at which point it is pretty devastating (for thos who never saw the episode of Mythbusters.)  At that point, it should be manageable.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

24 minutes ago, domkle said:

Isn't it on the left what a meteorologist calls a front ? 

Anyway, since the beginning I've found the clouds lovely but overdone, too dramatic  Doomsday clouds. But these are still pictures. They could be better seen in a moving environment.

I'm not a meteorologist.  I'm a cloud and sky lover.

I think fronts are usually identified by changing weather conditions...high cirrus one day, lower level cirrocumulus or altostratus and then a continued lowering of stratus or maybe a line of heavy thunderstorms like we used to get when I lived in Dallas.  Its just not colors I would expect to see on what appears to be the sun facing side of a tall thunderstorm.  

1 hour ago, GlideBy said:

Frankly I'm surprised nobody's commented that the left main wheels are raised up and the ones on the right seem to be at an angle.

• Like 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

its also not a 747 but hey, who's counting? 🙂

Edited by sightseer

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

The blast from the 747

where is the 747?  the airliner in front only has 2 engines.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.