Sign in to follow this  
Skywatcher

What if? Just What if?

What if you don't like FS2020? Then what?

Some of you have already wiped all your other sims.

Mark Daniels

No worries, you'll like it 😊

And if not, just re-install your P3D, FSX or XP11 again. You have bought it, so you'll still have access to it

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Actually, it's not the end of the world to have a clean install once in a while, so no big deal.

• Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Max50 said:

What if you don't like FS2020? Then what?

Some of you have already wiped all your other sims.

Some people aren't as dedicated to flight simming as the rest of us.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

6 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Some people aren't as dedicated to flight simming as the rest of us.

Hook

I'm dedicated to everything I do and that's why I'm critical and not accepting of everything thrown at me without having any experience of it myself.

How anyone can uninstall their old game because they have already decided to go to the new without ever having actually tried it I do not know.

• Like 1

Mark Daniels

Topic closed?

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Topic closed?

Cheers, Ed

Of course, it's AVSIM and it's membership.

How about before someone closes a completely legitimate question, would you like me to demonstrate some of the things I keep telling you about in my posts visually?

Appears words don't get through so I can show pictures to simplify it. Maybe you will see things you haven't so far.

Mark Daniels

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

Topic closed?

Cheers, Ed

Nope. We don't have too many opportunities to laugh these days. It's a good one.

• Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I didn't uninstall FSX when I got P3Dv2.5, although I didn't do much with FSX besides copying over some aircraft and a custom airport.  I didn't uninstall P3Dv2.5 when I got P3Dv4.  I had to give up several things when I went to P3D that I had in FSX... like the Dodosim 206 helicopter and CumulusX and soaring and probably several more than I don't remember at the moment.  I do remember that A2A did not support using their FSX aircraft in P3D even if they seemed to work.  I forgive them; after all they're giving us their P-40 for free these days and I eventually got a P3Dv4 version of the Cub.

It takes more than fantastic scenery and a few fantastic aircraft to make a good flight sim.  I didn't uninstall FSX when I was flying Microsoft Flight, and it had both of those.  In the end I wanted to fly the Goose out of my home airport in real world weather so I was back to FSX after a few months.  Flight never did get an airliners so a lot of people had no interest in it.

I'm currently taking a break from flight simming to do some sailing in Vehicle Simulator but I'm sure not going to delete my flight sim.  I expect to get several hundred more hours in the air before MSFS is released.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

2 hours ago, Max50 said:

How about before someone closes a completely legitimate question, would you like me to demonstrate some of the things I keep telling you about in my posts visually?

Appears words don't get through so I can show pictures to simplify it. Maybe you will see things you haven't so far.

First of all, I don't know if you're aware of it, but you're coming across as pretty rude, and not just in this thread. Secondly, people are free to do whatever they want with their sims and it really doesn't concern you, which is why this question, along with the apparent attitude, is far from being legitimate.

If there ever was a pointless thread...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Tempers are running high.  Best not to add to it.

Hook

Larry Hookins

And you guys wonder why some of these topics are locked or removed!  :blink:

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

17 minutes ago, threegreen said:

First of all, I don't know if you're aware of it, but you're coming across as pretty rude, and not just in this thread. Secondly, people are free to do whatever they want with their sims and it really doesn't concern you

So you come in all high and mighty, post the above and then wonder why a post like this one comes back at you and of course it will be my fault?

It's a legitimate question I asked that you can have fun with or treat like you have.

I asked because I wanted to know if people would want to persist, be patient waiting on fixes or will prefer to immediately return to what they have used for years. Maybe many will just wait it out for lots of user feedback before even buying it.

Some people have posted reasonable responses. Then there's yours.

Secondly, what other people are doing or intend to do with their sims is why we have forums. Can't believe I have to explain this.

Mark Daniels

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

And you guys wonder why some of these topics are locked or removed!  :blink:

Yeah, get the lock out. I post a few other places and have no issues.

Mark Daniels

Chill, Max.  It's not worth getting upset over.

For what it's worth, I agree with your original post.  When people first starting claiming they were deleting all their other flight sims, my first thought was "Do WHAT?  Who ARE these people?"  I still don't have an answer, or at least one suitable for posting in public.

Question:  What kind of person posts that they uninstalled Windows 10 because Microsoft has announced a spiffy new operation system for delivery in 16 months?

Answer:  Someone who isn't using Windows 10.

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins