Sign in to follow this  
Skywatcher

What if? Just What if?

19 hours ago, Skywatcher said:

From the first 13 screenshots on the MSFS site atm, 6 of them make me go eeek. No chance I will use a sim like that over FS9.

We’ve seen this movie before. It took me a while to realize your the fellow who used to say the new MSFS was going to be a “plane game” back when it was first announced, albeit you were using a different name when you started this topic.

Judging from your post history on the subject it seems you prefer to spend time getting people riled up about why you don’t like the sim and want to stay on FS9.

• Like 5

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

22 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

albeit you were using a different name when you started this topic.

Did you change his account in this topic? I just revisited this thread and seeing my posts in reply to someone other than who I thought I replied to made me question my own sanity for a moment...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

11 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Did you change his account in this topic? I just revisited this thread and seeing my posts in reply to someone other than who I thought I replied to made me question my own sanity for a moment...

Multiple accounts are not allowed on Avsim and is against our TOS. We merge them together.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No matter what, I'm still laughing about the term "bum guns" Cheers Tony!! :laugh:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

21 hours ago, Skywatcher said:

The clouds in general are absolutely without doubt blurry. They look horrendous imo and are probably the worst MSFS element for me. If for no other reason, the clouds alone will keep me from buying MSFS ignoring everything else.

I somewhat agree here. I have been saying this since the beginning. Clouds ARE the weakest part of MSFS. They look blurry and always have this weird out of focus effect. The edges are extremely soft. Also there seems to be a severe lack of variety. Also whats up with coloring of the thunder clouds ? The overall presentation is not convincing at all. Just because they look better than what we have in xplane or p3d doesnt mean they are visually correct.

Edited by Baber20
  • Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

2 hours ago, Baber20 said:

Clouds ARE the weakest part of MSFS.

I also think they need more work on the clouds.  Sometimes they look good.  But other times they just don't look realistic.  And I know there are a lot of varieties of clouds.

cloud-types.png

The chart at the bottom of this page is pretty cool as you can click on each one to get a bigger view.  https://www.weather.gov/jetstream/cloudchart#myModalh5

• Upvote 1

I would lie if I said I was a great fan of the clouds I see in the pics. I ain’t. Too dramatic. Crowd pleasers.  Now,  the pics maybe show the taste of the person who picks the screenshots to be displayed and in the sim the clouds look « normal ». Only a tester could tell. The lack of variety is also an issue.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I also want to chime in and say that the MSFS clouds need work. My comment is based on the fact that in the real world, cloud types are indicative of weather conditions (temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction and turbulence). Eye candy is a good start but for a serious flight simulator, having the corrrect cloud types is just as important.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/21/2020 at 10:21 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

Multiple accounts are not allowed on Avsim and is against our TOS. We merge them together.

Maybe he created the new account because he lost access to the email.  I wonder because Max50 was posting often, but now has not posted since you changed his account.  And Skywatcher had last posted in July of 2019, so it wasn't an active account.  Maybe just a coincidence with Covid-19.  Just wondering where he went.

On 3/22/2020 at 3:38 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

It took me a while to realize your the fellow who used to say the new MSFS was going to be a “plane game” back when it was first announce

Correct. Still saying it, nothing has changed.

Mark Daniels

5 hours ago, Skywatcher said:

You need to just stick with FS9, then, and stop dumping on a sim that is in Alpha, and in active development. Me personally, I gave up FS9 back in 2006. I say this with extreme confidence. There is no way in Hades that FS9 will be better in any measurable way than the new MSFS. Quite the opposite. MSFS will be worlds better than FS9 in all measurable ways. Graphics, flight model, physics and everything else. The fact that you think FS9 will be a better sim than MSFS makes it so I can't take anything you post seriously.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

All what the OP is saying is in the worst case scenario, MSFS still looks better than P3D. The things he's pointing out in his examples are worse or the same in P3D.

Of course I would wipe my current sim if that's the case. One of the best improvements alone is that MSFS doesn't need all the freaking add-ons to be somewhat usable.

RIP FSX/P3D. It's 2020 now.

• Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Sorry, I've just read the clouds are one of the weakest part of MSFS ? What screenshots ? Of course always there is room for improvement, but based on already public screenshots / videos,  it seems to be the best part actually, at least compared to what I saw in every other existing flightsim, even addons up to date.

On 5/16/2020 at 2:12 AM, Skywatcher said:

If you're frozen in FS9 time and you like the cardboard clouds, OK I understand, that MSFS clouds are not acceptable for you 🙂. MSFS clouds are much more levels close to reality and MSFS can't display any cardboard, what you like, sorry.

On 3/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

You are friendly guys. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved