Sign in to follow this  
av8r13

Transponder auto-tune

Hello all,

i am trying to find a way to eliminate the transponder auto-tune function. ie after you ask for IFR clearance, the sim automatically sets the transponder code.

i would like to eliminate this so that i am required to manually enter the transponder code (to add a little bit of realism for me)

i still would like the radios to auto tune, just not the transponder.

my Majestic Q400 is the only add-on that i have that does not set the transponder code for you.

any ideas?

David Myers

I can only give the programmers opinion: a "transponder guard" module could be made that reverts all changes to the code unless you make them yourself.

That last part may be tricky. It could be based on the simulator events that change the code - but relying on the events may not be an option, not all aircraft instruments have to set the transponder the same way. This means, that the events will not work for aircraft or instruments that do their own thing (FSUIPC, SPADNext, PMDG come to mind). The only option may be a switch (menu, keyboard combo) that you have to trigger before you can change the transponder code - and activate it again (or it activates itself after 30 seconds).

Making such an app would probably require about an hour of effort.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks Lorby!

first of all, thanks for all your contributions to our community. i really enjoy your apps.

i guess i will just set the code before responding to ATC (until someone makes an app. hint hint hint)

David Myers

Hello David,

I can make a prototype, that's not a big deal. Or integrate it in one of my other tools (WAMA comes to mind).

Just send me a PM if you'd like to try that.

Best regards

LORBY-SI