Sign in to follow this  

A380: One plane, 3 diffenrent liveries in 3 days

That's what I call a quick repaint job!Take a look on these 3 airliners.net photos.One and the same A380 (F-WWOW) in 3 different liveries on 3 subsequent days. Pics were taken on Nov 11th, Nov 12th and Nov 13th.Only stickers, I guess...http://www.airliners.net/open.file/957189/L/ http://www.airliners.net/open.file/958063/L/ http://www.airliners.net/open.file/958673/L/ Wolfgang

Guest Jaguar XJ6

And all of them very ugly, in my view!Michael

Guest alg

The A380 has got to be one of the ugliest aircraft ever; the livery isn't going to have too much effect.

Guest Grum

That's what I love about aviation, the huge variation in taste!!!I think the A380 is beautiful! Mind you, I also think the AN-2 and the Shorts Skyvan are pretty nice too. I probably just need to chat to my doctor about reducing the dose.............oh well.Best regards Grum

Guest Adverse Yawn

The only truely and deeply hideoously ugly airfraft every built was that Boeing X-plane that was competing against Lockheed's JSF. What were they thinking?Everything else was build to a defined purpose however idiosyncratic. That's what makes them attractive IMHO.

Guest Grum

Very true. I find part of the beauty of the A380 is the achievement of designing and producing it. I remember, as I'm sure you do, when it was just a few pictures of the A3xx that popped up occasionally as a proposal. Then it was a model on the Airbus stand at air shows, now here it is flying.regardsGrum

That one I actually liked better than the one that won the competition...The A380 was indeed designed with a purpose and a single purpose in mind: to make something larger than what Boeing had on the drawing board.Whether there was a market for it wasn't important, only to be Bigger than Boeing.

It's ugly... AND impressive :)Airbus is on the Soviet path: Bigger is betterSadly they've forgotten the Brittish lesson: if it looks good it is good

Guest Grum

Decals? From what I remember of my childhood plastic kit days that must be one #### of a big saucer of water!!:-).Do they use decals often, or just on prototypes?Grum

Most airlines use them all the time, especially for complex graphics and aircraft that are leased or rented out to others.If you see an aircraft in the livery of one airline with titles from another, that's decals 90% of the time.Some airlines use them instead of paint for everything but AFAIK that practice is not very common.