Sign in to follow this  
TextRich

Looking for a 2D fuel press gauge.

Hello everyone.  I have been using FS Panel Studio to edit one of my thrid-party aircraft's 2D panel to make it more similar to the aircraft I fly in real life (Piper PA-28-140).  However, none of my installed aircraft seem to have a fuel pressure gauge that is small, rectangular, has 1/2, 5, and 8 PSI in green, and 10 maximum.  Does anyone know a FSX aircraft that has such a 2D gauge, or such a gauge itself?  Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Thank you very, very much spokes2112!  I have a couple of minor requests if you don't mind (or tell me how):

-Can you please make an additional panel (rather than replace it outright) that is like the 296_zxfth.jpg photo?  The s-I1600.jpg has the 5 on the right half of the gauge.  The 296 photo matches my aircraft with the 5 right on the middle.  My aircraft also doesn't have any red indicator on it (but it's not super important).  I know my way around GIMP if necessary, but otherwise don't know the first thing about creating or editing gauges.  

-When the Piper starts up in the sim, the needle moves to 8 and when I turn on the fuel pump it seems to max out at 10.  In the real aircraft I fly the needle goes to 6 and 7, respectively.  Is this something that needs to be edited in the gauge?  Or is it something I can edit in the aircraft's files with a text editor, and if so, which lines?

Once again I appreciate you taking the time to make this gauge.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Art work is done, no red bars, 5 in the middle.
Calibration is a different story, on the low end (8 in sim, 6 in real life) isn't a problem. It is the upper end that I need help to make a formula so it is calibrated properly.
What are aircraft are you using? (company, freeware? zipfile etc..) 
It is easier to formulate the gauge to show real from the sim output than it is to get into the .air file and make the sim output equal real. The latter "may" fudge up other aspects of engine performance. It is not worth crawling down that hole.

Roman

EDIT - Disregard "what aircraft are you using". Used some "fuzzy" logic to make it work plus... Added an Easter Egg, hope you like :))
Just download again

• Like 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thank you very much Roman!!!  I believe the Easter Egg is the needle moving back and forth?  😄  I appreciate you volunteering your time to help my simulation while my flight school is grounded for the next two weeks at least.

If you're curious, the Piper I am using is this:

https://secure.simmarket.com/scansim-piper-pa28-140-cherokee-fsxp3dv1p3dv2.phtml

It is OK - a few features doesn't seem to work, a few gauges are missing, and its virtual cockpit doesn't resemble my school's.  I have been enjoying the process of editing the 2D panel and I intend to enjoy flying it even more!

Best,

Richard

Glad it works for you! You're welcome.

4 hours ago, BF Bullpup said:

I believe the Easter Egg is the needle moving back and forth?

Yes it is.. Only when the engine is running, a little effect from vibrations.

Roman

• Like 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap