Sign in to follow this  
cwdflyer

White Taxiway/Runway Signs

I think I must have missed a setting or something but the taxiway and runway signs in my copy of FSX have no color or texture - just white.Anyone else seen this or is it me :-(

You are not alone - I have the same problem in the FSX Demo (v2). I have tried various file formats for the aptsign.bmp but to no avail. I think this may be a graphics card problem - what card do you have? I have a Nvidia FX5600. Do you get the taxiway signs after dusk? This topic has been discussed before but is now buried several pages deep on this forum and no solution was found - as yet. If I set the shader in the display.cfg for my card to Shader20Plus=1 I get the taxiway signs (and awful framerates).Sorry not to be more help - perhaps someone else out there has some ideas.Chris

Thanks GuysI have a FX5600 in the PC at the moment and I was wondering if that card, or the drivers could be the problem. Not tried dusk or dark yet. I'll play around a bit more, if it is related to shaders then it could well be the card

Well I think I've changed just about every setting on the video card control panel and in the FSX Demo to no avail - I can only assume that it is down to the type of graphics card - unless anyone has any other suggestions :-zhelp Chris

Chris, I think you have the Land Details setting unchecked. It's under the Display>Scenery tab.If Land Details is unchecked you will see white taxiway markings.Regards,

Yup i have the same problem and the card is a FX5600. Its not the land details, i made sure i turned everything i could find up and messed with every setting in the video card stuff, got the lastest drivers...nada. Now i wouldnt mind, but it addition to white taxi-signs....i have no autogen bridge textures!!!!! I do plan on upgrading my card, just little bit, but thats in the hardward forum

I just tested this again. Land detail textures OFF = white taxiway linesLand detail textures ON = yellow taxiway linesBrent, maybe there's a combination of things going on here. Maybe others can try this to confirm whether or not it works.Regards,

Well im talking about taxiway signs.....not lines. But i do like the help, i think we are all starting to get the idea that is a video card issue since the few people having this all have the same old school card. Who know maybe the next set of drivers will help. Though i am scouting out a Geforce 7800GS, i dont plan on doing a major over haul for along time, but would like the best AGP card i can buy for now, that sure fix all sorts of issues.

Well i'll call this one solved. Borderline hardware, but you got a 7600gs with 512, im looking at a 7800gs with 256, is there a 7800gs with 512? If so worth it.

Sorry for the misread, when i meant borderline hardware, i was meaning this post is borderline falling into a hardware forum style post. Sorry, but yes it regards to what you said, this is my one and only upgrade that should hold me over till the whole dx and vista blah blah dust settles and there is some good hardware out there to work with. For now, i actually want to see the pretty water.

Guest tpower

Same here: no taxiway sign or house rooftops in demo. I have a FX5500 256MB. That the night textures show up suggest it isn't simply the card; i's a glitch between the day textures and the cards. Pity, because I was ok with the performance of the demo and was going to buy FSX tomorrow. I can live with lowering the sliders. But I can't live with missing textures. It can't simply be memory: I've seen screenies from guys with 128MB cards and they have all the textures. Until MS patch this up I won't be buying FSX, and will not buy another video card for the prvilige of seeing the base textures. C'mon, if the night ones work the day ones should too. I'm only asking for a product I can use, at minimal settings out of the box.Cheers,Tosh:(