Sign in to follow this  
TASCHMANN

Any chance of a refund on the abandoned Wing42 Vega?

I do not know anything about this developer so I am not saying anything negative here.

But I wish all buyers of Flightsim Products would vet developers properly.

These are the guidelines I follow

1) See their website - is it properly made (quality speaks volume here)

2) Support!!! Support!!! Support!!! how good is it.  Is the developer usually communicative prior to buying the products.  It is a business after all, developers got to make money also; but we are paying for support

3) How good are the reviews about their install file structure etc for example following new guidelines of Prepar3d's install method etc or doing the FSX way ETC? ask questions

4) How does their product fare with the competition.  A2A, PMDG, FSLabs have raised the bar.  One has to understand this. For example I compare all GA with A2A level quality.  If it doesn't pass the test, I skip and same goes with complex birds (this is just me)

5) Pictures can all be great but everything changes when the product doesn't perform on what you expect.

6) Do developers complain a lot and blame the user etc.  One has to understand the flags before purchase.

7) Early Access always has risk.  Understanding and defining what your risk tolerance is?

Once the money is spent - it is gone lol

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 3:23 AM, kingm56 said:

Apple--to-jeep comparison; Level D never took your money with the promise of finishing the product.  In the software business, products get announced all the time that never come to fruition.  It's part of the business 

If you're looking for the poster child for abandoning it's alpha release, it's probably Airsimmer; although, BlackBox isn't far behind.  In fact, coupled with the shenanigans they pulled as PSS, they're probably worse...

It was more that level D spent years getting angry on the forums when people asked if the 757 was ever coming. Those people were right to be sceptical!

Rob

Sim rig: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5GHz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Code, MSI 2080 Ti, GSkill DDR4 32 GB, NZXT Kraken. 

Current sims: P3D v5, MSFS, X-plane 11, Aerofly FS2 and DCS. 

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

It was more that level D spent years getting angry on the forums when people asked if the 757 was ever coming. Those people were right to be sceptical!

What does the Level-D 757 have to do with Wing42 failure to complete their product?  The latter was actually sold to the public while the former was only announced.  To that point, I fail to see the correlation between Level-D and Wing42 efforts; the latter was actually the focus of this thread. In short, what does Level-D failures have to do with Wing42?  Finally, you do realize a Level-D developer passed away, right?  This comparison/rationale is just bizarre.  If you're referring to the Level D 757, allow me to end the skepticism...it's not coming to P3D.  

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

On 11/2/2020 at 1:14 PM, Skywolf said:

I do not know anything about this developer so I am not saying anything negative here.

But I wish all buyers of Flightsim Products would vet developers properly.

These are the guidelines I follow

1) See their website - is it properly made (quality speaks volume here)

2) Support!!! Support!!! Support!!! how good is it.  Is the developer usually communicative prior to buying the products.  It is a business after all, developers got to make money also; but we are paying for support

3) How good are the reviews about their install file structure etc for example following new guidelines of Prepar3d's install method etc or doing the FSX way ETC? ask questions

4) How does their product fare with the competition.  A2A, PMDG, FSLabs have raised the bar.  One has to understand this. For example I compare all GA with A2A level quality.  If it doesn't pass the test, I skip and same goes with complex birds (this is just me)

5) Pictures can all be great but everything changes when the product doesn't perform on what you expect.

6) Do developers complain a lot and blame the user etc.  One has to understand the flags before purchase.

7) Early Access always has risk.  Understanding and defining what your risk tolerance is?

Once the money is spent - it is gone lol

Solid advice, sky...and well stated!

• Like 1

Matt King

7 hours ago, kingm56 said:

What does the Level-D 757 have to do with Wing42 failure to complete their product?  The latter was actually sold to the public while the former was only announced.  To that point, I fail to see the correlation between Level-D and Wing42 efforts; the latter was actually the focus of this thread. In short, what does Level-D failures have to do with Wing42?  Finally, you do realize a Level-D developer passed away, right?  This comparison/rationale is just bizarre.  If you're referring to the Level D 757, allow me to end the skepticism...it's not coming to P3D.  

I didn’t raise the issues relating to the level D 757, i was responding to others who did. 

Rob

Sim rig: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5GHz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Code, MSI 2080 Ti, GSkill DDR4 32 GB, NZXT Kraken. 

Current sims: P3D v5, MSFS, X-plane 11, Aerofly FS2 and DCS. 

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."