Sign in to follow this  
Akki

FSX and *.bgl file mismatch

Hi Nico,

trying to have correct performance of Real Traffic at a specific domestic airport in Sweden I have discovered a challenging issue - the airport has two ( I guess old and new) ICAO codes ( ESPC/old  which PSX select) and (ESNZ/new) which is used by my FSX scenery and which Real Traffic uses for correct landing/parking. Checking with the AFX the ESNZ bgl appears to be "correct". The "parked updates" do not update in the way I expect while reloading PSX, the parked aircrafts uses the *.bgl related to ESPC which create an "error" in position with aprox 30 m.

I hope this was possible to understand....

How do you suggest I can optimize this situation? If possible. I have some screen dumps I can provide to explain it further, I just dont understand how to provide photos ( which "URL" is related to )

Åke

Hi Ake,

I assume that you have run PPG with your FSX path as input?

If so, it will have generated a ESNZ.xml file (check that). Delete any ESPC.xml files (if present) in the airports folder used by PPG and in the folder  PSXseeconTraffic\parkd_updates.

Rationale: if you have both files PSXT will take the one closests to your user aircraft and then it could take ESPC...

Nico

Removed all ESPC.xml files but PSX is still looking for it, says " no valid ESPC file found", how to redirect this?

Åke

Edited by Akki

35 minutes ago, Akki said:

Removed all ESPC.xml files but PSX is still looking for it, says " no valid ESPC file found", how to redirect this?

I doubt that you have removed all ESPC.xml files, while PSXT gets its knowledge about airport names and their lat/lon positions from the airport files it reads at start up. So if it talks about ESPC there must be an ESPC file in either parked_updates or the folder where your airports parameter in the UI is pointing too.

BTW, did you check that you now do have a ESNZ.xml file?

Nico

They are all (ESPC) removed, however the ESNZ airport files had ESPC in the header so I change that as well. Now both PSX and RealTraffic reads ESNZ...but parked aircrafts still stand on the not correct position despite of reloaded the PSX. I have also removed the ESPC bgl that AFX finds as APX51050.bgl with the scenario of not correct park positions. I assume that next arrival will park according to the correct bgl...at least I hope so

Great thanks for your support

Åke

1 hour ago, Akki said:

. I have also removed the ESPC bgl that AFX finds as APX51050.bgl with the scenario of not correct park positions. I assume that next arrival will park according to the correct bgl...at least I hope so

Do not forget to run PPG first.

I did, but only the " Airportupdates" xml is affected, parking_updates and installation_airports are not affected so the parking positions remain wrong. i.e. I can manually try to correct the Lat/long for each position tomorrow in the parked_updates manually? However now PSX and RealTraffic reads the correct airport scenery, so far so good.

No no no no, there is really no need to make manual changes if you are doing things in the right order.

Note that if you run PPG yourself, installation airports are no longer to be used. Change your airports folder parameter to the airports folder of PPG.

Delete all files in the parked updates folder. Then run PSXT and it will take your new ESNZ.xml generated by PPG.

Edited by kiek

OK, now I got it right, deleted parked_updates content and checked where PPG put the airports generated with the latest version of PPG and directed PSX to look there.

Parking position is now correct, I however needed to adjust the "airlines" and "type" in ESNZ.xml, to get the correct participation from Real Traffic. Now it´s perfect!

Again great thanks for an excellent support

Åke

Edited by Akki

Just some positive feedback: Ive now succeeded to move a domestic airport with FSDeveloper program ADE so that RealTraffic aircraft land/to correct on the runway. The correct park positions are also there after having PPG to generate the airport. But I still need to modify manually the xml file content regarding airlines and aircraft types utilising this airport. For further updates with PPG I save a copy of the files I modified and put them back after having run the PPG. I could of course do som other settings in the PPG, maybe in future use. I find it quite easy in the way I do it.

It took some days of learning to understand all the bgl file treatment in ADE but finally it worked out. The AFX program as well as Google Earth is also of great importance to handle these issues. Unfortunately is the present air traffic density just 25 % of normal today so at these small domestic airfields you need to wait to see the result!

I must give me best appreciation to both FS Developer support team as well as PSXT support, great work you do!

8 hours ago, Akki said:

A) But I still need to modify manually the xml file content regarding airlines and aircraft types utilising this airport.

B) For further updates with PPG I save a copy of the files I modified and put them back after having run the PPG.

ad A) You don't need to, let PPG generate an airport file without options. Select Soft Learning in PSXT and PSXT will use the info about landing and departing traffic to allocate the right airline+type combination to a gate at the airport. With the current low traffic volumes it will take a while, but in normal circumstances it is a matter of hours to get realistic parked aircraft.

ad B) You should put your modified airport file in parked_updates so it will not be overwritten by a next PPG run. Or, if you are usng Soft Learning, PSXT will do that for you automatically.