Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

P3D doesn't shutdown correctly

Hi,

using the FSL A320-X and FS2Cew I am experiencing problems with the sim (P3D v4.5) closing properly. P3D itself shuts down and it's not showing in the task manager anymore. But ActiveSky shows the sim is still connected and Aivlasofts's Simplecam is still running. Normally this app should close automatically with P3D.

I have uninstalled FS2Crew and things are back to normal. Closing P3D with the A320-X running takes a bit longer (black screen) but AcitiveSky shows the sim is disconnected and Simplecam closes normally. I am not experiencing these kind of issues with any of the default aircraft (no other add-on aircraft) installed.

Can this be fixed somehow?

Best regards,

Christian

On 3/22/2020 at 1:51 PM, byork said:

Go to EVENT VIEWER... it might offer a clue.

And what kind of information should I look up there? There are quite a few tabs...

Dear Bryan,

thanks. I logged two attempts and I have the evtx file for you. I hope that's what you need. If yes, where I can send it?

Here's what I did:

• Attempt no. 1 (FS2Crew for the Airbus installed, A319 to A321-X not activated in the FS2Crew configurator).

1. Run ActiveSky
    2. Start P3D v4.5
    3. Select the A321-X and LPPT as airport.
    4. Start the flight and wait until the A321-X is fully loaded.
    5. Press ESC and exit the simulator

Result: P3D closes (about 16 seconds black screen till I see the desktop), ActiveSky shows the simulator is not connected, Simplecam is closed. Everything as expected.

• Attempt no. 2 (FS2Crew for the Airbus installed, A321-X activated in the FS2Crew configurator).
  1. Run ActiveSky
  2. Start P3D v4.5
  3. Select the A321-X and LPPT as airport.
  4. Start the flight and wait until the A321-X is fully loaded.
  5. Press ESC and exit the simulator

Result: P3D closes (only 7 seconds black screen till I see the desktop), ActiveSky shows a Prepar3D connected!, Simplecam still active in the system tray.

This is the error the event log shows (in German only, I am sorry):

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.5.13.32097, Zeitstempel: 0x5d8abf93
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ucrtbase.dll, Version: 10.0.18362.387, Zeitstempel: 0x4361b720
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000006db8e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x154c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d601eae3290b4e
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Berichtskennung: 536785a4-b285-4700-a005-fb91d64e2840
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Hi Christian,

I just tried it again.  It shutdown clean for me.  Nothing in my Events logger when I followed your steps.

Only difference is I don't use Active Sky.

Try this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=p3d+v4+shutdown+ucrtbase.dll&rlz=1C1CHZL_enKR780KR780&oq=p3d+v4+shutdown+ucrtbase.dll&aqs=chrome..69i57.7423j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Make sure all your video drivers are current.

Hello Bryan,

thanks for your support. Thats what I googled as well. But I am not certain if these cases are transferable. I have tried some of the measures but non have helped so far. I have got one of the newer graphic card drivers installed but I'll check for the latest one. Could it be connected with any language settings?

I don't have any other issues with my sim and it's freshly installed so ... .

7 hours ago, byork said:

Also, if using a headset, try deselecting HS on the FS2Crew Main Panel prior to shutdown... that's a long shot, but try it.

Quite a good shot. I am pressing HS (so the green light is on) and then I am shutting down the sim. Everything seems to be normal, Prepard3D not connected, Simplecam is closed.

Is this something which can be fixed or gives you a hint what the "problem" might be?

5 hours ago, byork said:

So if you de-select HS on the Main Panel prior to shutdown, the sim shutdowns cleanly for you?

Yes it does.