Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hjontemyra

Boarding handling

Recommended Posts

Today I entered a little to late time for boarding in the ACARS menu. The problem was then when FS2Crew ask if it is ok to board kit will not sync and when FA ask later on if it is ok to close the door all passengers are not onboard yet.

Is it possible to implement:

1: Answer FA "no" when he/she ask if is ok to start boarding (it could also be refueling and catering service still running). That would then cause a little delay so maybe the FS2Crew-flow could then paus until PF tell FA to "now ok to start boarding".

2: When FA asks if it ok to close doors it wou7ld be possible to answer "no" and same procedure as in my suggestion 1 that you nweed to call FA to say "now ok to close doors".

 

If at least one of these two suggestion would be implementet it would allow me to "sync" where I am in the process.

 

I hope I explained how I meant.

This procedure would also be nice on the other products, especiallyu if you are a little slow in handling the items.

 

//Jonas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jones,

I've added them to our list of possible ideas for consideration.

I like the ideas, but they're easier said than done 🙂

What might me easier is if we could have you enter a specific time value to trigger the FA dialogue than trying to get into some back and forth conversation.

 

Edited by byork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, byork said:

Hi Jones,

I've added them to our list of possible ideas for consideration.

I like the ideas, but they're easier said than done 🙂

Ok. Thanks.

It would make more sence if is possible to answer FA "no" and not only a positive answer. If just positive answer the question is not needed 😎 (more than making the simulator more "alive") so I hope you find a solution.

To bad the solution is easier said than done. In my little world I thought it was so simple as putting a internal paus on the FS2crew-flow. But I am not a programmer 😃

Anyway I hope you find a good solution and thanks for considering it!

 

//Jonas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hjontemyra said:

Ok. Thanks.

It would make more sence if is possible to answer FA "no" and not only a positive answer. If just positive answer the question is not needed 😎 (more than making the simulator more "alive") so I hope you find a solution.

To bad the solution is easier said than done. In my little world I thought it was so simple as putting a internal paus on the FS2crew-flow. But I am not a programmer 😃

Anyway I hope you find a good solution and thanks for considering it!

 

//Jonas

I know what you're saying, but we try as much as possible to avoid complex conversations.

Most people will only skim the manual, and in this case we'd be asking the to remember phrases like "now start boarding".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, byork said:

I know what you're saying, but we try as much as possible to avoid complex conversations.

Most people will only skim the manual, and in this case we'd be asking the to remember phrases like "now start boarding".

I understand and can se the logic in that

 

Unfortunately they do... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...